STDs Community
Chances of STD? Anxiety is killing me

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Chances of STD? Anxiety is killing me

I am driving myself insane right now.  5 days ago I went out drinking with friends.  We ended up at a strip club.  As I was getting a lap dance, the dancer asked to remove my belt because she said the belt buckle was painful.  I didn't think anything of it because I have been asked this before and my friends have as well.  Well, I had fairly loose pants on and while getting the dance she freaking pulled out the waist and put her mouth on me.  It was for about 2 to 3 secs before I asked her to stop.  Now, I am freaking out.  I have cold/flu like symptoms, but I sort of had a sore throat the day, so it could be the flu.  I now have the chills, a sore throat, and aching muscles.  I saved around myself the next day because the grow out was starting to itch.  I saw a small bump and went to the doctor the next day and he looked at it and thought it was just an ingrown hair.  It is gone now.  I have been checking myself about 15 times a day and so far nothing.  I want to get tested, but everything I read says wait three weeks.  This time is killing me and if I seriously have Herpes I think I will go crazy.
Tags: Herpes Simplex, Chances of STD, flu like symptoms
You really had no risk for a STD
Vance is right for sure.
But you can get genital herpes from unprotected oral sex, so the question is  did you have unprotected oral sex? Symptoms appear in 2 to 20 days and flu like are symptoms. If your worried get it checked out.
Thanks for the responses.

I will definitely be getting tested for piece of mind, but as I mentioned I am waiting the recommended 3 weeks before doing so.  I will do it again at 3 months.  The local std clinic recommends an 8 panel test which includes chlamydia, gonorrhea, Hep B, Hep C, Herps I, Herps II, HIV, and Syphillis (syphilis). (http://www.stdtestexpress.com/std-test-panel/).

My other question is in regards to my girlfriend.  If the first batch of tests come back negative and I have no symptoms can I go forward like normal or do I really need to wait the 3 months before reengaging is any sexual activity?

@Life360: to answer your question about did I have unprotected oral sex I guess it depends on a persons definition.  To be safe I guess I would lean towards yes.  I was uncovered and she put her mouth it about half way down and went up and down about 3 seconds.  Hardly a full on oral sex encounter, but from what I have read its enough to potentially get something.
you don't need any testing from this encounter. a few seconds of oral contact is not a real risk at all for std's.  don't waste your time or money on a full std panel!!!

your anxiety is the real issue. CALL OFF THE CROTCH WATCH!!!  you are just adding to your anxiety over all of this. you had no risk, it's not worth this kind of concern.

grace
Grace - Thanks for your comments.  I have been on this forum for only a day or so, but have read many of your comments.  You are truly awesome for providing advice and your opinions to so many people.

I truly respect your comments about my situation, but the reality is, in case you can't notice, I am a major worrier, so I think I am going to get the panel done just in case.  Just for my piece of mind and sleep if anything.  I will post any results that seem questionable.  Thanks again!
well if you need the peace of mind of testing, you need to do it at the proper times. you can get tested for chlamydia, gonorrhea and ngu after 1 week post encounter. syphilis after 6 weeks. herpes after 3 months.  we don't have commercially available tests for hpv to cover that base.  those are the only std's you are at risk for from oral sex.

really, not worth this sort of effort or testing. be educated about std's, not fearful of them!!!
I think the education part is a double edged sword.  The more I read, the more I learn about how anything can happen and how I can have all sorts of stuff without any symptoms.  That is scariest part about all these stds.  They are no definite signs, at least from what I have read.  Believe me, I am trying my hardest to not be fearful, but it's tough.

It's been 6 days since my potential exposure.
One other question:

Can someone explain a little more about what the potential groin area pain might feel like that is associated with most std's?  Of course the timing is terrible as I believe I may have a very very minor groin pull from playing in a sports league.  My last game was two nights after my potential exposure.  It feels like a deeper slight pain only when I move in certain positions and it feels like its right in the crease of my upper inner thigh and genitals.  It's not a constant thing and doesn't really hurt that bad its just noticeable when I move certain ways.  From what I have read it resembles something like mild sports hernia pain, but I can't find specific descriptions of std related groin pain.  They just say "pain in the pelvic or groin area".

Thanks again and sorry I am such a worrier.
that is why coming here and posting to people like me who are properly educated on std's and can more accurately assess your risk is helpful. Some website can convince you that holding hands is a risk for std's!!!