STDs Expert Forum
Chances of catching an std.

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Chances of catching an std.

My ex boyfriend and I fooled around and although we didnt have sex he rubbed his penis over my vagina to bring me to orgasm....probably a minute or two... he probably had precum.   the next day i saw that i had a little open bump on my outer lip, which i likely had before, but am afraid increased my chance of catching something. i didnt really worry about it before as i assumed this was totally safe sex but now am not so sure.  i was taking doxycycline another three days for my skin so i am also wondering if that would have stopped the infection if there was the possibility of getting one. im kind of worried about chlamydia. thanks.
You are not at risk. Here is why:

1.  Your partner did not penetrate you.  These are sexually transmitted diseases and you did not have sex.
2.  The doxycycline you were taking would prevent you from getting infected if you were exposed although odds are that you partner was not infected (you have provided no information to indicate that he was)

I think you have nothing to worry about.  You do not need testing.  I hope that this helps.  EWH  
thank you so much!

I am not aware that he has anything I just think of him as someone who would have alot of partners which is what worried me.one quick question, if doxycycline was  started right after possible infection would it still prevent it? just curious. thank you and good night.