STDs Expert Forum
Chances of contracting a STD by receiving unprotected oral sex
About This Forum:

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Chances of contracting a STD by receiving unprotected oral sex

Hi everyone,

First, thank you for reading my question.

Like many other questions I have read so far, I did something pretty stupid recently that I now regret greatly.  

I drank a little too much one night, met a female for whom I don't remember her name and she gave me unprotected oral sex.  She looked fine to me.  I don't remember seeing sores or anything like that on her face but I also wasn't thinking straight and not paying much attention.

Now I am dying of anxiety wondering if there is a big possibility that I could have contracted a STD from her.

I live in a remote location and won't be able to get tested until a few days from now, meanwhile I am really worried.  

I read in a previous question/answer that the chances from contracting a STD from receiving oral sex aren't extremely high.  Can someone confirm that?

Thank you in advance for a reply.

S.