STDs Community
Chancre sore

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Chancre sore

On 2/7/13 I had protected sex with a female exotic dancer , from what I know , this dancer has various partners. The condom was intact during intercourse and she rolled down the condom with her mouth. A week  later on the 14th I got what is believed to be a chancre sore, could be syphillis (syphilis). I did shave during that week , praying its a ingrown hair, it's located in my pubic hair area.  Does chancre sores appear in a week? I am from NYC . It's really big and red , hurts when I touch it. It's on my left pubic hair area.
Sounds more like an ingrown hair or pimple. Syphilis on average shows around 21 days...7 days would be too early.
Vance? its atually  been 9 days not 7?  i picked it with a tweezer and blood came out of it. i was taking out the surrounding hair. i pulled a hair out  on the main head. it is located on my pubic hair towards the top left. in regards to HIv? could i have aquired it?

Whay are the odds of catching syphillis (syphilis)? can a sore come in week?

i hate to ask more questions regarding the subject so please be tolerant.

is syphillis (syphilis) common????????

i did ot see a sore on her i looked aroun can a sore be on the inside of vagina a condom was used properly.

is it posssible to have more than one expert respond?

Vance , waiting patiently.

Shoud i go to the clinic right now?
this doesn't sound at all like syphilis going on.  It is an ingrown hair from your description of it.

protected sex isn't a real risk for hiv.

the odds that this person had syphilis and you contracted it from a one time encounter are very low. syphilis is not common in general.  

you don't need to go be seen at this point. apply some warm compresses to this area and it should be better in a few days since you picked the hair out of it. no shaving until it's all healed and skin back to normal.   it's actually a good idea not to shave the pubic hair all off - it creates microscopic cuts in the skin that makes you more vulnerable to infections!!

grace
Grace--i shaved after my encounter with the exotic dancer. i actually had alot of hair at that time, but i shave it real low to observe if i caught anything and all of a sudden i have this big red bump on the public area. i also have what appears to be another one possibly forming. but it feels very lightly raised but it could also be my eyes deceiving me, but i believe it may be another. i appreciate your feedback, i would like to ask one more question please.

should i test for

ghonoria?
Chylmidia?
Syphillis (syphilis)?
HIv?

What about Trich, could i have aquired trich? or crabs?

should i test????????????????????

maybe herpes???i have oral herpes already, maybe i aquired genital herpes.?

For future refrence lets supose i got herpes, hPV or syphillis (syphilis) and i fully coverred it with a bandgage until it healed would the other partner e safe since i covered it fully? not trying to give my girlfriend of 7 years anything.

yes i am an idiot, yes i feel bad, and yes i couldnt say no.
Sounds like an ingrown hair like I said.

Syphilis is rare here in the US and for the most part affects gay and bi sexual men.
As I said canker takes on average 21 days, not 1 week.

You can see a Dr if you want but based on risk I see no reason to.
YOPU ARE NOT READ WHAT IS BEING WRITTEN TO YOU.
what about covering up with bandage if it is herpes, hpv, or syphillis (syphilis)?

Would covering up these skin to skin stds actually not transmit since its covered?

I just want answers like everyone else. I am sincerly grateful for all your responses.
can i submit photos?
No you can't submit pictures.

We don't know what it is, we gave you both our best guess and it turned out to be the same guess. Not much more we can tell you. See a Dr if still concerned.
covering this isn't necessary either as well as you don't want band aids catching on the growing hair in that area.  

you had protected sex. hpv, syphilis and herpes are your main risks. you can't cover your hpv testing bases due to not having commercially available tests to do so. syphilis testing is 6 weeks post encounter. herpes igg blood testing is 3 months post encounter. If you continue to get more lesions in the genital area, be seen for a proper exam.
My lesion in my pubic area seems infected, can ingrown hairs cause boils? This thing is really red, really big and looks infected. What does a chancre sore look like????????  Can you get a chancre in your arms , legs and if not why can you get one in your pubic area.

If I had protected sexual intercourse and it was strictly from behind (doggy style) sorry for being graphic.  Would a chancre sore appear on the back side of her buttocks? The coincidences I had we're the fact I shaved my pubic hair low, but I never got a bump so big, I had bumps that were pretty big when I shaved but this one is bigger. Can someone please give me any insight.
Sorry I am a male, so I was behind her.
ingrown hairs can look quite nasty sometimes :(  do the warm compresses several times a day like I recommended previously and follow up this week with a proper exam at the clinic.

when you shave over infections, you spread the bacteria more to new places as well as irritate already irritated skin which is why we recommend not doing it to see bumps better.
Seems like the lesion is subsiding would syphilis sore subside in a week or two?
The odds of you getting syphillis (syphilis) is slim. The lesion described does not sound like syphillis (syphilis).