Chancroid meds & healing time?
Hi. After visiting the doctor for discomfort/pain upon urination following a possible STD exposure, I was prescribed Cipro for 5 days and Doxycycline for 10 days(both for UTI, Chlamydia), Fluconazole for 2 doses (elevated yeast infection via urine sample) and was given the gonorrhea shot. My doctor gave me the meds for Chlamydia and Gonorrhea prior to getting the urinalysis results. Now on my 6th day on meds, my discomfort on urination is completely gone, but I realized the pain upon urination was due my urine coming in contact with a visible, red, fleshy ulcer on the side of my urethra. Comparing the pictures and signs and symptoms of other STD, I believe it's chancroid.

Are the meds prescribed enough to get rid of the bacterium that causes chancroid?
If so, how long does it take for the ulcer to heal?
Can Chlamydia or Gonorrhea cause ulcers to develop?
Should I finish my 4 more days of medication before visiting my doctor?
Thanks for your help.

If you are in the US, this isn't likely to be due to chancroid.  You need to go back to your provider and show them this ulceration and ask for proper testing of it. You also need to test for herpes as well as syphilis.

grace
The guy was from the Marines so he went to a lot of different countries, and that was the reasoning of why I thought it might be a chancroid. Thanks, Grace, I will go visit my doctor.