STDs Community
Chancroid transmission

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Chancroid transmission

Can chancroid be transmitted through digital insertion?
And does the transfer of this infection require there to be an sore present, or just if the body is carrying the std?
Tags: chancroid
The answer is no. STDs are not transmitted by hand-genital contact.

I've also read in the expert forum that there are only a couple hundred cases of it in the U.S. each year (from sexual intercourse). In other words, it is too rare to worry about.
I am wondering this myself - have just been diagnosed with possible Chancroid (waiting for lab results, but have typical symptoms). - I was in a monogamous marriage for 26 years, followed by 3 years of celibacy and absolutely no history of STD's.  My current partner (the only sexual partner since my divorce) has risk factors for Chancroid - he travels to Asia on business, has lived in Korea for 2 years, is uncircumsized and admits to having visited a 'massage parlour' on his business trips.  My problem is that I only met him 3 months ago....and his last trip to Asia was over a year ago.  He has no ulcerations on his genitalia that I have seen.  I am wondering if he could be a carrier, but can't find any information to validate this.  He tells me that his 30 year marriage was monogamous, but that he did wake up from one of his asian massages to find the masseuse was giving him a 'happy ending'  - he says this only happened once.... He doesn't know that I might have Chancroid yet - but he does know that I have an gyn infection and am being treated.