STDs Community
Chancroid=Cheating?

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

Chancroid=Cheating?

I just found an very painful ulcer in my labia minora that fits the description of a chancroid ( 7 mm, sharp uneven edges, soft, yellowish, REALLY painful and developed from bump to sore in a day). I've had recurrent urinary infections (dx as Proteus infection) and have been taking quite a few painmeds recently for a neck injury (laying down a lot too because of that). Could one of those be the cause of the lesion instead of the chancroid?..

I haven't been sexually active with my boyfriend for the last week or so (It'd fit the incubation period), we've been together for 6 years now and I'd hate to think that he's been unfaithful and that he got the infection "somewhere else", but I can't find a reason for having "that" thing "there"! A little help please? Before I go berserk!
Chancroid is an std, but sores for herpes, chancroid, bacterial things like staph, etc., can look very similar.  You need to get this checked ASAP.  Have them do a type specific herpes culture along with a wound culture to find out what it is.

If it is herpes, it doesn't mean he cheated.  He could have herpes and not know it, or he could have herpes type 1 orally and transmitted that to you genitally.

Chancroid is VERY uncommon in the US and other developed countries, so I'd be surprised if its that.

Call your doctor first thing in the morning and insist on being seen.

AJ