STDs Community
Chancroid=Cheating?

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Chancroid=Cheating?

I just found an very painful ulcer in my labia minora that fits the description of a chancroid ( 7 mm, sharp uneven edges, soft, yellowish, REALLY painful and developed from bump to sore in a day). I've had recurrent urinary infections (dx as Proteus infection) and have been taking quite a few painmeds recently for a neck injury (laying down a lot too because of that). Could one of those be the cause of the lesion instead of the chancroid?..

I haven't been sexually active with my boyfriend for the last week or so (It'd fit the incubation period), we've been together for 6 years now and I'd hate to think that he's been unfaithful and that he got the infection "somewhere else", but I can't find a reason for having "that" thing "there"! A little help please? Before I go berserk!
Chancroid is an std, but sores for herpes, chancroid, bacterial things like staph, etc., can look very similar.  You need to get this checked ASAP.  Have them do a type specific herpes culture along with a wound culture to find out what it is.

If it is herpes, it doesn't mean he cheated.  He could have herpes and not know it, or he could have herpes type 1 orally and transmitted that to you genitally.

Chancroid is VERY uncommon in the US and other developed countries, so I'd be surprised if its that.

Call your doctor first thing in the morning and insist on being seen.

AJ