STDs Community
Chlamdia treatment

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Chlamdia treatment

hii got diagnosed with chlamydia an took  the 4 pills of azrithomizen and was told to wait a week its now day 6 of treatment and so far no noticable discharge like maybe a tiny drop but i suspect it might be normal kind. but i noticed i feel slighty tender where my pee hole is which was waay worse before treatment and i feel a slight sting after urunation but not during..im juat paranoid but do u think its normal to feel this way or did the pills maybe not work..the only thing that made me paranoi that they might not work is cuz three weeks prior the doc thought i had a UTI so i took amoxicillan for 8 days...cud that even affect anything im just worried thats all any one have any advice
Did they do a urine culture to be sure what strain of bacteria they were treating for UTI?  My doctor told me there are quite a few that are resistant to certain antibiotics so it is important to do a 24 hr urine culture to be sure.
yes i got tested by blood urine and swab. also yesterday which was day seven after treatment i had protected sex but the condom broke and he ejaculated...im on the pill i dun think ill get pregnant. he was tested at the same time i was and he got negative everything which i suspected would be the case since we\ve always used protection. its day 8 now and the only symptom that makes me a bit nervouse is when i pee it twinges a little...cud it be just after effect of the very painful infection i just went through...before the pain while urinating was like razors for 10 seconds..im confuse and nervous..i tend to be paranoid and i hope that sall this is paranoia
No, I meant for the UTI.  They take a sample of your urine and do a culture test, let it sit for 24 hrs and check for reaction.
Have an STDs question?
100,000+ doctor answers