STDs Community
Chlamydia + PID
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Chlamydia + PID

When i was 17 I tested positive for Chlamydia. I had been in a serious relationship and was still in the same relationship when I got tested. We have worked out that I had the Chlamydia for atleast 8-10 months. The reason I got tested was because intercourse become uncomfortable not extremely painful but it was awkward enough to not what to have sex. Anyway my boyfriend and I went to a clinic and both were given 4 tablets to take there infront of the doctor. We then waited 3 weeks to make sure everything had worked. I was then tested again for Chlamydia 3 months later and the test came back negative.

Since taking the antibiotics for the Chlamydia I have no symptoms apart from I have a sensitive tummy when i push down on it too hard but ive had this for several years as a child.

What I would like to know is ..

1) I know you can still get PID without having Chlamydia but is it possible to have PID even though i was treated for the Chlamydia?

2) When i took the vaginal swab for the STI check -- would PID have shown up on the test results? (The STI test i took was only a standard test for Chlamydia+Gonorrhea?

3) The symptoms of PID can be irregular periods. As ive been on the pill (Microgynon30) for almost 4 years would the affects of the pill ultimately affect my periods even if i had PID?

4) I was told that when i took the 4 antibiotics to cure the Chlamydia , the antibiotics would also clear up the PID if i had it.

Can anyone help me?

This discussion is related to Chlamydia and PID concerns.
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Omg you are in the same situation as me. I can't really answer, but just letting you know you're not alone. I'm the same age as you. Would you please check out my question too?
I think because we're so young, we want so much for ourselves and we're stressing waaay to much over it? The way i have been thinking is trust that you've made the right decsion with who you have had sex with, trust in them and more importantly trust in your doctors!
Blank
580755_tn?1357673215
1) Possible but on the unlikely side
2) No you would have to have a pelvic exam
3) I am not sure
4) I am not sure on that either
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker