STDs Community
Chlamydia + PID

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

Chlamydia + PID

When i was 17 I tested positive for Chlamydia. I had been in a serious relationship and was still in the same relationship when I got tested. We have worked out that I had the Chlamydia for atleast 8-10 months. The reason I got tested was because intercourse become uncomfortable not extremely painful but it was awkward enough to not what to have sex. Anyway my boyfriend and I went to a clinic and both were given 4 tablets to take there infront of the doctor. We then waited 3 weeks to make sure everything had worked. I was then tested again for Chlamydia 3 months later and the test came back negative.

Since taking the antibiotics for the Chlamydia I have no symptoms apart from I have a sensitive tummy when i push down on it too hard but ive had this for several years as a child.

What I would like to know is ..

1) I know you can still get PID without having Chlamydia but is it possible to have PID even though i was treated for the Chlamydia?

2) When i took the vaginal swab for the STI check -- would PID have shown up on the test results? (The STI test i took was only a standard test for Chlamydia+Gonorrhea?

3) The symptoms of PID can be irregular periods. As ive been on the pill (Microgynon30) for almost 4 years would the affects of the pill ultimately affect my periods even if i had PID?

4) I was told that when i took the 4 antibiotics to cure the Chlamydia , the antibiotics would also clear up the PID if i had it.

Can anyone help me?

This discussion is related to Chlamydia and PID concerns.
Omg you are in the same situation as me. I can't really answer, but just letting you know you're not alone. I'm the same age as you. Would you please check out my question too?
I think because we're so young, we want so much for ourselves and we're stressing waaay to much over it? The way i have been thinking is trust that you've made the right decsion with who you have had sex with, trust in them and more importantly trust in your doctors!
1) Possible but on the unlikely side
2) No you would have to have a pelvic exam
3) I am not sure
4) I am not sure on that either