STDs Community
Chlamydia/Gonorrhea for 5 years? Still have it?

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

In July 2007 I went to a Massage Parlor after a night drinking with friends. I am married for 30 years. Never had any other sex outside marriage. I am 54 years old now, 49 back then.

It was a 2 girl massage. I was on my back and naked. One girl massaging my shoulders, one my legs. Etc.
The lower girl removed the towel and put my penis in her mouth. It was maybe for 10-45 seconds before I came to my senses and stopped her and ended the massage. Stupid I know.

Then about 2 weeks later I got a case of Epididymitis. I didn't know at the time what it was so I went to the doctor and a urologist. It went away on its own after antibiotics. I had no other symptoms. No discharge. Etc. My GP did a urine test for an infection and found nothing. I assumed at the time that it was also looking for STDs but now know it was maybe just a culture for a UTI, etc. But at the time I assumed I had no STD. From then on I had no issues. Neither did my wife.

About 2 years ago (3 years after event), I got another case of Epididymitis. Same thing. Urine test, antibiotics. It went away. Now, about a month ago, I got a UTI. Burning, pee pain, etc. Went to GP, got a urine test and culture and antibiotics and it went away. I then read men hardly ever get UTIs. That worried me a little.
But now, last night my wife got a UTI also. Four weeks after mine!!!

I have now started thinking I got Chlamydia/Gonorrhea 5 years ago. It seems weird to have gotten Epididymitis so soon after the massage parlor incident and then to have had another Epididymitis event and now a UTI. And then my wife got a UTI also.

So my question is if this is possible my wife and I have Chlamydia or Gonorrhea from the event 5 years ago. If not then how do I explain the Epididymitis/UTIs. I assumed I was OK because assumed the urine test in 2007 would have picked up a STD but now know it would not have. I am afraid we kept reinfecting each other for 5 years.

I have an appointment for a STD test in 3 weeks (local planned parenthood), but am freaking out about maybe causing my wife to have a STD for 5 years.

Could I have had Epididymitis after the massage parlor event and it not be caused by an STD. Seems pretty coincidental.
Any feedback would help me so much because I am really worried. Sorry for the long question!

5 years ago...you would not have a STD that long and nor would your wife. At your age UTI is more common. I see no reason for STD testing for you or her.
Vance, thank you so much for your answer. One more question. It has made me feel much better. It just seems weird I had Epididymitis right after the incident. Is that just bad luck?
Probably, as epidymitis from a STD normally takes a while to develop. A lot more then 2 weeks.
Yes get checked, A) you can never be to cautious. B) the girl may have been infected with pharyngeal gonorrhea or pharyngeal chlamydia these are oral infections which you can be infected from oral sex. C) I have been with my spouse for 5 years this coming October, and I was just recently diagnosed with Gonorrhea. We are very devoted, I am his first and neither of us have been unfaithful, this concludes that I have been infected for more than 5 years... I have had very light symptoms and brushed it off as yeast infections, IBS, or endometriosis. I had gone for paps and nothing had come up(I assumed they checked for STI, Dr. told me no they don't, and women have to get a full STI screening). In fact I spoke to my mother about this, she said that I have had these sypmtoms since before I moved out.. so more than 5 years.. About 3 weeks ago I had a really bad "yeast infection" which didn't go away with over the counter meds. I had seen my Dr. and he did a culture test and test for UTI, there was no UTI, and he also gave me a prescription for an anti bacterial cream. While waiting for results I wound up in the emergency for severe pain. Urine and blood test for UTI and basic infection were clear. Was given pain meds and told to go to Dr. (very frustrating). A few days later I got a call from my Dr. to make an apt. immediately because my cultures came back... went and found out.. it was Gonorrhea.. also found out that this recent severe pain could be caused from having Gonorrhea for a very long time which causes PID (Pelvic Inflammatory Disease). PID can be cured with antibiotics but not reversed.. it causes scarring in the woman's uterus, fallopian tubes, and in man's epididymis this can both cause infertility. So yes you can have an STI for a very long time with out noticing or not having any symptoms.
i have had gonorrhea now for 5yrs or 6 and i fear if it could be treated becos i have tried to treat it several times and then it seems to leave and just come back again..plz what do i do as i am developing some burns or rashes in my private part area ..am a guy
Start your own thread