STDs Community
Chlamydia/Gonorrhea symptoms?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Chlamydia/Gonorrhea symptoms?

I've had the same sexual partner for four years... is it possible for Chlamydia/Gonorrhea symptoms not to show up until after 3-4 years? Each time we've had sex, we've been protected (other than one time that we had unprotected anal sex, but we've never had unprotected vaginal sex).
The only irregular symptom I'm experiencing is vaginal burning (but not just when I urinate). I've been reading up a lot about STD's, and I've read that  Chlamydia/Gonorrhea are associated with other symptoms. I've never really had any other vaginal abnormalities. Pretty much, the vaginal burning persists through regular activity throughout the day, which is really a problem because it's hard to concentrate.

I've had this vaginal burning before (it pretty much started within the past year and a half), but it would usually subside within a week. When I first feel the tingling, I know that the burning will follow soon after, and I take a few cranberry supplements that were designed to maintain a healthy urinary tract. However, I've had this vaginal burning for the past three weeks... and I've taken cranberry supplements and drank a TONNE of cranberry juice. Within the past three weeks, I wouldn't be surprised if I've drank over 15L. At this point, I'm convinced that it's not just a urinary tract infection.

I know, "go to the doctor" which I'm planning on scheduling an appointment for tomorrow. I haven't in the past because, well, I'm scared I guess. But I just wanted to know what other people interpreted this as... the vaginal burning symptoms.

The burning doesn't happen CONSTANTLY throughout the day, but it would happen in surges. Like it would be painful in the morning, I wouldn't feel anything in the afternoon, and at night the burning would start again. During these periods of vaginal burning, it also hurt to pee.

Also, how long does it take to receive the results from a Chlamydia/Gonorrhea test? And how much does the medication cost on average?

Thanks for your help