Chlamydia Results
I am a married man and have been with in a monogamous marriage for the past 6 years. Five weeks ago I experienced symptoms similar to Chlamydia -- Discharge, painful urination and burning feel. I went to the doctor and had both gonorrhoeae and chlamydia DNA, SDA test by urine sample. The results of the test was positive for chlamydia.

Given that I have not sex of any kind with anyone other than my wife in the past six years, what are the chances I could have contracted chlamydia from non-sexual means? I read something about how it can be contacted through eyes. If I contacted from non-sexual means could it have been contracted through my eyes (I sometimes have to use other people's keyboards) and then migrate to my penis? I know this sounds funny, but my wife swears she has been monogamous also and I'm at a lost as to how I could have contracted chlamydia.
I don't know has your wife been tested if not she needs to go to the doctor and get a test. Go on yahoo.com to the health area there information about the different diseases
I've had trachoma (chlamydial conjunctivitis/pink eye) a couple years ago, if you've had the infection, you would know 100% something is wrong, because the pain  your eyes will bear is extremely undesirable. For me to get this, the only thing I can think of is I touched my eyes soon after I was fooling around with this girl who ended up later turning positive for chlamydia.

I've read, so don't quote me on this one, that such bacteria need warm moist places to breed, therefore, if you're touching someones keyboards, I would highly doubt you can contract the infection in your eye via these means, and again, you would definately know something was wrong (eg, very very very very sensitive to sunlight, even with sun glasses........ vision loss is another one I experienced.)

Now lets say, you do have trachoma... my doctor said it's not possible for the bacteria to pass through your body and infect your "buddy" wink wink. The only way for this to happen is to have unprotected vag. sex.

As for your wife, chances are, she's lying. Nobody just gets chlamydia out of the blue. But maybe she's not? Check out your schedule, are there any days where you work late? or do you work the same schedule every time? do you call her to let her know you're on your way home? you ever leave the country? she go out a lot with her friends without you or her cousins/sister/whereever by herself? you two ever fight? I can go on with the questions, but you have to take a look at the opportunites she has where she might be cheating, if she is.
can i just ask the unhappycamper - iv also had chlamydia in my right eye but its so rare i dont know anyone else who has had it - can i please ask what if any effects you have had since you were treated and it was cured? iv been experiencing rapid eyesight loss since the infection and i was wondering if it was down to that? all the experts iv been to see are no use because most of them have never even seen an infection like mine! helpful!

ps.  i had the infection 3 years ago
Chlamydia is only spread by sexual contact, and chlamydial eye infections are rare.

If you haven't had sex with anyone else in 6 years, its likely your wife has.

If she hasn't been told yet, she needs to be.  She needs to be tested and treated.

AJ