STDs Community
Chlamydia Vs. Yeast infection

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Chlamydia Vs. Yeast infection

I was seperated from my partner for about 9 months, we got back together and when we began having intercouse again, I noticed that there was a strong smell that usuallly came from me. I was not with anyone during the break up, at least not sexually. When I  went to the Doctors and they told me I had Chlamydia, I was devastated! Because I assumed it was something he did when we were not together, (obviously). We worked it out we stayed together (we also have kids together). Later down the line, I got a yeast infection. (I was taking a lot of anti biotics for something else not related and the Doctor told me I might get a yeast infection because of the imbalance it was going to cause in my body). That was taken care of but My partner never went to get checked bc he says he doesnt have any symptoms, so therefore he is ok. I know that the infection can be spread back and forth, but because he was also taking antibiotics for an infected tooth, I thought he would be covered. Months later which is now (3-4 months or so) I have noticed for the last month I have had some wierd discharge, and when I have sex I smell the same smell when I was diagnosed with Chlamydia, I am afraid that It either never went away or I just got it back again. The only difference is that I didnt have an itch then and now I do, It burned when I had sex with him this last time, and his symptoms are mutual.. I used a condom which is something we dont do, besides the 9 months we have been together for over 10 years. And when I used the condom you can see what is my discharge and He has no discharge..??. . does this sound like yeast or chlamydia. I trust that he hasn't been doing anything and I know I haven't either, could I just be in denial?
Being that the two of you had unprotected sex just before you were diagnosed with Chlamydia, there is a good possibility that he contracted it as well.  I would not trust other antibiotics would keep him from contracting the Chlamydia.  I would suggest that the both of you go get yourselves examined by your dr just to make sure you have not gotten it again.  I think there is a possibility that he had gotten it from you and since he didn't go to the dr about it, he kept it and passed it back to you.  There is also a possibility that you just have another yeast infection!  Either way, please have your dr check you out just to make sure!