STDs Expert Forum
Chlamydia and yellow sperm
About This Forum:

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Chlamydia and yellow sperm

I am a deployed soldier and I caught chlamydia while on leave. I tested positive for it about 3 months ago and have not had the opportunity to get back to a base large enough to get retested. I was treated with an antibiotic shot. I already had a doxycycline prescription for malaria prevention. I did not take for about 1.5 months prior to getting infected. After the diagnosis, my doctor had me do a double dose of doxycycline for 10 days and then resume my regular dose.The only symptom I showed was discoloration in my semen. Initially it was bloody. However after about 2 weeks it went from bloody to yellow. Now 3 months later it is still yellow. I will get retested in about a month when I return to the states. Is the yellow semen a sign that I am not cured? Will it go away on its own? Could I have reduced the effectiveness of the doxycycline by not taking the full course of 15 months it was prescribed?