STDs Community
Chlamydia antibodies

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Chlamydia antibodies

Do chlamydia antibodies remain in your body forever after being treated/cured with antibiotics?  I was diagnosed with chlamydia in 1999 and took antibiotics.  I've taken a test in 1999 and 2004 which were both negative for chlamydia but a urine test I took this week showed that I have chlamydia antibodies.  I do not show any symptoms of chlamydia but when I was infected in 1999, I had symptoms.
Urine tests look for the actual infection and if you test positive then you have the infection. Blood tests look for antibodies and often can be found for a while after the infection is cured.
Vance2335 - Thanks for the response.  My test in 1999 (culture swab) and 2004 (urine) were both negative for the infection (I got infected in early 1999).  However, I confirmed with my doctor and the lab that this recent URINE test was ONLY the antibody.  The results say "Chlamydia non-specific Ab".  The doctor and the lab told me the antibodies can stay in my body forever.  Again, I have no symptoms and have never had unsafe sex since 1999.

Thoughts?
I wish I could tell you more but never heard of a urine test, testing for antibodies. Since I have no knowledge I can't make any statement either way.
I got tested for chlamydia it was a blood test and the result came back IgG Elevated and iga Elavted the doctor said that means I had chlamydia in the past is that true? , I have only had one partner and would like to no does this mean my boyfriend  has been cheating or me im so worried! please help