Chlamydia from cathetar?
Due to a recent unrelated health issue my boyfriend currently uses a small mobile cathetar to pee. Last week he has been tested positive for chlamadia, I have been away overseas for a while, other test results he had not long ago were negative, I have always tested negative in the past, but I now need to go in for another test since this news. He is the only partner I have had for 2 years.
He seems to think he may have got  it from the straws. He dose regularly get urinary infections due to thier use, but it seems strange to me that he could get Chlamydia, My question is if I test negative, and if it is only possible to catch it from someone who has it, then is it time to find another boyfriend?
If he got it from the cath. then he would have had someone who has chlamydia use it seconds before he used it, and even then that would be a very low risk. STD's have the name for a reason. Only other thing would be a false positive, which is not all that commom.