STDs Community
Chlamydia infection
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Chlamydia infection

My boyfriend and I have been together just for a month, before having unprotected sex we got tested for STD, we both had all negative results but he didn't get tested for Chlamydia.
When we noticed that the Chlamidya test was missing we already had unprotected sex, he went back to the clinic, got tested and was diagnosed with Chlamydia last week. Neither him nor me had any symptoms. The doctor gave him 1g Zirtomax and 100mg Doxi twice a day for 10 days as he said the infection could have been there for a while, he also said I surely didn't have it before having sex with him (because of my negative result) but that I should take the medicine without testing as I was at risk. He gave me 2g Zirtomax to take all together in one day. After two days I started having unusual discharge. I know this could be a symptom of Chlamydia but I also know the antibiotics I took could have caused thrush. I had thrush before in my life and it really looks like it but with no annoying symptoms like burning or itchiness, so I am not sure if this is the case and I am getting worried that the cure didn't work.
The doctor said we both need to get tested in 3-4 weeks and then again in 3 months. We will not have sex until the next negative test result.
I just needed another medical opinion about the cure for Chlamydia.
1.How effective is it? Might it be not working and how do I know?
2.Are there any chances that I not even had Chlamydia as my boyfriend usually withdraws before the orgasm?
3.If I have thrush, can I take Sporanox itraconazole without affecting the antibiotics effect?
4.The doctor suggested to have a pap test to check for Chlamydia instead of a urine test in 3-4 weeks. Is the urine test not reliable?
Thanks for your help.