+Chlamydia test in 20 year monogamous marriage
In Spring '08, I began having symptoms of intense itching, burning, and heavy discharge.  I was tested for STD's but Bacterial Vaginosis was what they said I had.  The doc said it was not an STD.  I didn't have sex with my husband for many months because both doses of antibiotics I received had not cleared up the problem.  In September '08, we had sex and then my symptoms continued.  We had no sexual contact with one another for the next 6 months due to the ongoing problem and then I had my PAP test done.  I was horribly raw down below, itching, drainage (not foul), so she ran a complete STD workup on me.  It came back positive for Bacterial Vaginosis and Chlamydia.  

I initially confronted my husband and he adamantly denied any indiscretions and said that it must be from me.  I told him to go get tested.  I never actually "saw" his test results but he said that his test came back negative.  We decided to get divorced because I knew I had never cheated.  It's been almost a year and now we have recently decided to try to make it work.  He still denies it and becomes enraged when I bring it up.  

My question is, is it at all possible that my test was read wrong?  Could Chlamydia have been mistaken for BV?  My marriage hinges on this mystery.  Please help!  Serious responses welcomed
you can have false positives on the chlamydia tests. did you ever repeat the test or just treat for it?

grace
They told me that I was positive for BV and Chlamydia and gave me a shot of Rocephin and oral antibiotics. So there was no way to retest after that. I am really regretting not having them repeat the test
Have you considered marital counseling to work through this more together?

grace
Yes. He went to one meeting but it's not his thing. It's very hard to trust/believe in him when I look at how Chlamydia is contracted. He still adamantly denies it and is insulted that I believe that he did. I feel like that stupid woman who falls for the lie. I don't fully believe him but we are taking each day as it comes. He agreed to get checked for STD's the same time as I do and we will show each other the results. I would NEVER cheat on him, so if I ever get another STD, he will have no second chance.
In the future I would always get a 2nd test because a false positive is possible.