STDs Community
Chlamydia throat symptoms
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Chlamydia throat symptoms

What are some symptoms of infection of Chlamydia in the throat?

Thanks.
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
207091_tn?1337713093
Chlamydia in the throat is very rare.  Some experts say it doesn't happen.

Most stds in the throat are asymptomatic, meaning you wouldn't get symptoms at all.

Aj
Blank
actually i did get chlamydia in the throat from oral sex. at first i thought i had strep throat but i realized i would get it exactly the next day after oral every single time. my throat would swell up and when i looked down my throat with a flash light i could see my tonsils were covered in white goo spots. Chlamydia cannot survive in the throat therefore it will eventually die off but the point is that yes you can get your throat infected. regular meds for chlamydia will clear it all up if you follow precautions.
Blank
207091_tn?1337713093
You wouldn't get symptoms of chlamydia, either orally or genitally, the following day.  

AJ
Blank
yea it takes 2 weeks for chlamydia to be detectable so shouldnt react that quickly, dont forget a large percentage of people will show no symptoms at all! so test regular!

Jannika
Chlamydia screening outreach worker
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
STDs Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979