Chlamydia vs NGU Treatments
I'm 52 years old.  I received oral sex during a random encounter - lucky guy.  One week later I felt a strange dull itch inside my penis near the base.  No burning during urination and no discharge.  My Dr. screened for a UTI or bladder infection by way of urine sample - both the blotter (instant) and culture results (later the same day) came back negative.  I did not tell them about the potential for STD.  The Dr. also inspected my prostate digitally and said it was moderately enlarged - "not too bad" he said.

This morning I woke up with a watery slightly milky discharge from the end of my penis and the itch is still present.  I went to the clinic and they swabbed my penis inside.  Microscopic analysis indicated elevated white blood cells and the nurse said it was either Chlamydia or a NGU.  At least I'm pretty sure she said NGU.  I was treated with 4 to 6 pink tablets on the spot.  She said it was a powerful one shot antibiotic - I think it was azithromycin?  The results of the culture are not due until next week.

1. Is this azithromycin treatment good for both chlamydia and NGUs?
2. If the culture is negative for chlamydia what are the chances a NGU could be caused by the enlarged prostate?
3. Can a NGU infection caused by an enlarged prostate be passed on to my wife?  Reason for the concern is that I have not had relations with my wife since this encounter and won't for at least a week or so.  But if I could have had the NGU from an enlarged prostate could she be at risk?  

Thank you.

I would love to believe that my problem is natural cause of old age and not related to my "lucky" encounter.  If
1. Chlamydia...yes and NGU...I think so
2. NGU is caused by bacteria, so unless the prostate has bacteria present probably not
3. This is answer is being taken from reading I have done from Dr.HHH in the expert forum. Since NGU is often caused by common bacteria found in the mouth it is normally has no effect on a woman.