STDs Community
Chlamydia worry

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Chlamydia worry

I was unfaithful to my partner in February 2006 having protected vaginal and unprotected oral with an escort. I had an HIV test six months later which was negative and resumed intercourse with my wife. A few months later she suffered Bartholin's cyst after her period although it wasn't infected and went away on it's own. I had a chlamydia and gonnorhea (Gonorrhea) test in April 2007 and both were negative. About a week ago she told me she had light bleeding about 10 days after her previous period lasting 2 days. When her period was due she had light bleeding for 1 day instead of the usual 5 days. No bleeding has occured after sex. Is it possible I infected her in 2006 and then cleared up my own infection before the negative test? Does this sound like Chlamydia or possibly a hormone imbalance.

Appreciate any thoughts around this - I'm really concerned. I made a mistake in the past which I regret - this will end my marriage if Chlamydia.

Johno
You had protected sex...you would not get anything from that. From unprotected oral you could get gonorrhea, herpes and syphilis. But you have not had symptoms so I would not worry about it. I doubt what you did in 2006 has anything to do with what is happening. It's best for your wife to see a Dr.
Anyone know why Chlamydia would be transferred during unprotected insertive oral?
its a bacteria, so it likes warm wet places (places of opportunity).

you dont have this 2+ years later.

-NA
Thanks for the comments which were helpful. However I'm still a bit puzzled as to the progression of the disease? You mentioned that I wouldn't have Chlamydia after 2 years however is it not the case that Chlamydia is silent and goes undetected in most cases? What if it was untreated - what would most likely happen? Would it resolve on it's own?

Also, if my partner caught it would it not just retransmit back and forth?

Appreciate any further light you can shed.
After 2 years it can resolve it's self but that is never recommended because it can do damage in the mean time. If someone really had it for 2 years most likely they would have some symptoms and complications. Yes it is silent because the initial symptoms are often not present, but again after 2 years something would be showing. Most likely pain.

Infecting back and forth is a possibility but chances are someone would have some symptoms at some point.