STDs Expert Forum
Chlamydia

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Chlamydia

What are the main symptoms of Chlamydia. What would the discharge look like. Can you get infected from oral or or if a girl rubbed naked against you and your penis got wet from her secretions.If you have chlamydia  with discharge what are the odds you have urethritis also.
The symptoms of chlamydia, when present, tend to be mild.  Over half of people with genital chlamydia have no symptoms at all.  When the do, in men the most common symptoms are burning on urination a small amount of clear or cloudy penile discharge or both.  

Chlamydia is almost never acquired through receipt of oral sex and is not transmitted by rubbing without penetration, even if she is wet.

Urethritis is the term to describe penile (urethral) burning on urination, discharge or both.

EWH
Can you have discharge without burning and what is the consistancy of the discharge. Is it thick or watery. Is it all the time.
How is Chlamydia only trasmitted from penetration and not skin to skin contact with secretions.
If you have a discharge it needs to be tested.  There is person-to-person variation in the nature of discharge quantity and quality.  It need not be continuous by any means.

Transmission is complex function of the biology to transmission and the interaction between the organism and the host (humans) which goes beyond the purpose or the nature of this site.  Penetration delivers large amounts of infectious organisms to the site where they can cause infection.  EWH.  
I went and got tested .They took a urine sample. What kind of test is this. Is it accurate.
Urine tests are PCR type tests.   There are several types.  They are the most sensitive tests we have.  The are good.  Believe the results.  Hopefully your urine was tests for white blood cells as well as gonorrhea and chlamydia.  EWH
what would white blood cells show?
NGU (nongonococcal urethritis).  If this term in not familiar, search this site for explanation.  EWH
I am going crazy. I got the test and it takes 2 and a half weeks for the results. The only thing they told me that discharge on slide under microsope was very low on white blood count. That means nothing to me. If I had chlamydia would the cell count be high because it is a bacteria. It it any kind of indicator,
I posted again trying to get an opinion.I am going crazy. I got the test and it takes 2 and a half weeks for the results. The only thing they told me that discharge on slide under microsope was very low on white blood count. That means nothing to me. If I had chlamydia would the cell count be high because it is a bacteria. It it any kind of indicator,
go to your private doctor.  You'll have to pay but at least you'll get your results within a few days. Better than waiting 2 weeks.
I just got my urine test results. Everything negative.The only thing that scared me was that  when I met with the practioner. She said she thought it was probably herpes. I was in shock . Then the other Dr came in and she told him that she thought  it was herpes. The Dr said that it was not herpes becuse it is rare to have herpes in the urethra nad that herpes symptoms would not lat 4 weeks. What is your opinion.they didnt test me. When the Dr left, the practioner told me she wished the Dr tested me for herpes. I have two contradicting thoughts