STDs Community
Chronic or acute prostatitis?

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Chronic or acute prostatitis?

I got chlamydia and developped simptoms after 2 weeks. It took 2 more weeks before I started treatment. I tried 4 different antibiotics during 2 weeks. then I tried the 5th one and finally the result of the urine colture was negative. I repeated it and still negative.
Everything was OK for 2 weeks than testicles and prostate started being painful so I also had a Sperm colture that found nothing. Should I insist with antibiotics or should I assume the bacteria is cleared?
Some urologist told me to stick to antibiotics. But I followed the suggestion of another urologist.
So now I am currently under urotractin (400 4 daily) and celebrex (2 daily). Pain is reduced but it comes back as soon as I suspend the treatment.
Is my condition acute or chronic or non-bacterial?
Should I get a prostatic injection or prostatic massage?
Please help
at this point, finish up the antibiotics you are on and then follow up again with the urologist who prescribed them. they will manually exam your prostate again at that time if you still have symptoms to see if it's still inflammed or not.
grace
Thank you Grace,
actually urotractin is not an antibiotic, for what I understand it's more like an antiseptic to prevent other bacteria from coming in while my antibodies are debilitated from the antibiotics I took previously.
Today I suddenly have no symptoms. The only thing I did different today is I didn't have any milk (this might have nothing to do though).
My concern is to understand if it is possible that chlamydia is still inside me, although it was detected either in the urine and in my sperm. My prostae was not yet checked.
Thank you!