STDs Community
Cipro for gonorrhea and chlamydia - is this the best/fastest to do?

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

I was in a Strip club getting lap dance the the girl was grinding on my boxer and it exposed my penis. I did not think there was any penetraction and to the best of my knowledge her G string stayed on. I was very drunk. I am now back home and feel terrible. I went to the doctor with symptoms and told him the sitution, but left out the exposed part. I have pernial pain and some burning tingling in the penis. . I have not caught it but there may be some discharge, although I have not seen it anywhere. He did not test he just treated. I started Cipro HCL 500 mg yesterday and have a 14 day regiment.

1) I am concerned first about will this drug (Cipro HCL 500 mg 2xday) treat and cure all the infection,gonorrhea  and chlamydia, and any other possible baterial, or should I ask for Zithro 2 g one dose to finish off everything?

2) I am concered about HIV and other more seriuos things. (should I worry and should I be tested) ?

3) How long after this clears up can I resume normal sex with my GF?

This is by far the worst mistake of my life I am hoping I do not lose it all because of it.
I would recommend that you go back to your Dr. tell him there was exposure, because a G string is nothing more than a string, and then he can treat you properly.

There is no point in worrying about something, if you are not sure, and the only way to be sure is to inform your dr about everything, then you will get the proper treatment, in the meantime, I wouldnt do anything with your GF just in case!

Im not sure how your Dr is, but I tell mine everything, and I mean everything, even if it makes me embarrased, but I have also learned that she is no angel, she is human too, and we all make mistakes.

Can you talk openly to your Dr?
yes, I think there was some sort of unspoken understanding. I do feel somewhat better, but the questions above all remain.I am also abstaining from anything with GF until this is sorted out. Any ideas on the specific questions? Thanks for your help.
1. I do not recommend treating without testing, but those medications should gove either of those.

2. No

3. 7 days after last does of medication

But I doubt that you got either from your exposure...think it is more guilt/anxiety then anything else because STD's are not passed through clothing.
I am pretty sure (95%) this was not an STD. I had none of the symptoms like burning urine (except slight tingle after voiding), puss from penis (I would have seen that either on me or my underwear), etc. I did and still do have extreeme perinium pain, penis and testiclular pain, all consistent with prostate issues. All of which are improving.        

I think I just got freaked out and imagined the worst. I have learned my leason and will NEVER drink that much again and I am done with strip clubs. This stuff is enough to scare you straight. Best advice, grab a six pack and some internet porn save money and eliminate the risk.
Wht amount of cipro shld l tak whn l was infectd 16 months ago.
1. Start your own thread
2. We don't give medication information
We