STDs Community
Clear discharge

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Clear discharge

I began to experience a clear and itchy discharge in july 2007 after about a week following an unfortunate experience with a woman (an absolute nightmare).  I have reason to believe she has drugs in her background, i don't know what.  I went to a physician, i was tested negative for Chlamydia and Gonorrhea.  I was treated anyway (Azithromycin 100mg - single dose and something else i don't recall single dose).  My symptoms seemed to disappear for a day and then came back.  About a week later i went again.  I was again tested negative for Chlamydia and Gonorrhea.  The woman lives abroad i told her what i was experiencing - she told me she got tested and was negative on everything.  I don't know if i beleive her.  

It was thought i had an infection in my urethra, I was given another drug for 2 weeks (can't remember what it is called, but it makes you sick to your stomach - d-something).  That didn't work. I had my prostrate checked and it seemed ok. But i was put on 250mg of Ciprofloxacin for two weeks, just in case - no change.  I then had my prostrate checked again and it was more painful (i don't if it was just an agressive check vs no agressive check) and the physician said it felt boggy, so i was diagnosed with Prostatitis.  I was put on 500mg of Ciprofloxacin, now for 6 weeks and there does not seem to be any change.  I did notice if i am somewhat dehydrated i have no discharge - if i drink lots of water, my discharge is larger.  Largest in the morning.  Sometimes there is some redness at the tip of my penus, but there is no pain or discomfort at the touch or when urinating.  In fact i have never had any discomfort, just the initial itching.  But have always had the discharge.

All tests were through urine - no blood tests, despite my suggestion.

I have been experiencing a lot of stress because of some personal happenings since last may - i don't know if this could be a cause or not.

I am getting very nervous - do you have any insights?  I am going to a different dr in a couple of days for a second opinion, but hope maybe you have some experience or ideas here that i can take to the dr.  We do not have any urologists in the area.

Thank you.
I forgot to mention i had a urethra swab that was negative for STDs as well
this discharge is it in the morning? if so its entirely normal. it is prostatitis urethritis would be very uncomfortable, if its the discharge in morning clear its normal. If however its prostatitis then there is no reason to diagnose it, its not bad, no infertility, just a waste of money. Your body will end up taking care of it if infact is prostatitis however clear discharge in morning is normal, if it were white or something then u had a wet dream.
Hi man,
Did you solve that problems? I'm having the same symptoms and it's getting me nuts. Thanks.
No - i got a second opinion.  The doc said he thinks it is nothing, maybe my posture when i sit is putting a lot of preassure causing some irritation. Here is what we are doing:

1) don't 'milk' for the discharge - that may be aggrevating my urethra
2) finish my meds and just wait for a little while (month or two to see if it clears up)
3) He doesn't think it is Prostatitis because i don't have other symptomsand i have been on anti biotics a long time
4) look for discharge showing up in my shorts or causing my urine stream to be odd (split streamor similar)
5) i took a PSA (blood test) it was negative for inflamation (inflammation) (value was .8 which is normal)

if it persists for a month or two more i am going to sign up to see a urologist.  I post more as i continue to determine what this issue is.
I have the same symptoms, but i had Clyamedia few months back but checked myself twice afterwards and come out negative. Doctor said i was fine wasnt going to give me anything, HE gave me 10 days of 500 mg Cipro. While on  that the discharge was gone in 3 days after a week finishing taking it still have a clear discharge thoughout the day.
Has yours cleared up already?
No, i have had a discharge since Aug.  No other symptoms.  I have been on 500mg of cipro for 5 weeks and no change.  I have had lots of different antibiotics.  Nothing has worked.  In a month or two i will go see a urologist if the problem continues to persist.  I will post my results.  Stuff like this sucks and it is good to hear the outcome of others and what was done.
I've had prostatitis for the past 9 months now.  It's been a nightmare, simply because i've been trying to find out what's causing it.  I've seen 3 different urologists, and they've all told me that i have to live with my symptoms and eventually hopefully they'll go away.  I'm skeptical when people call it "nonbacterial" prostatitis.  I believe there's obviously something in our prostate that's causing these symptoms.  However, I have never experienced any discharge.  When you say discharge, what do you mean exactly?  In the mornings, you look at the tip of your penis and there is visible discharge at the urethra, without milking it?
Well Ive had discharge for about a year with no end in sight. The fact that it goes away with antibiotics makes me believe there is an infection in there some where. So of course I just keep taking antibiotics to feel Normal. And yes you can pass it on (what ever it is) because my GF vaginal fluid has gotten thicker and she does not enjoy sex as much.
I had the same problem before and I went to many doctors here in US and urologists and did so many tests/labs they were all negative.  But I did not believe it so I went to see a urologist in VN, he is specialized in STD and he told me that it is Gonerea (special kind) which nor tests does show.   He went ahead and gave some pills (2 times/day) and shot (once/day) for 10 days, I can't remember what they were, and the problem disappeared completely.  He said this is very strong treatment.  You guyes to try STD clinic where they specialized in STD, especially in other parts of the world like Asia.  Good Luck everyone.
Please take a look at the dates of the posts before replying to them. This was from 2007.
thanks jb55901, it was still very helpful... i'm currently going through the same thing that you guys went going through... i would like to know an update from any of the guys that posted here.... it would be very much appreciated and helpful.
thanks
this is years later than this reply but for other viewers who find this information by search engine as I did, I need to say that this guy's experience is exactly the same as mine. I caught some strain of Gonhorrea or Chlamydia in China which shows negative in tests but still continues to drip despite being given the prescribed antibiotics for both conditions. Symptoms are exactly as described.
I am changing to a better urologist and will post any new information.