STDs Community
Concern about unprotected sex with new sexual partner

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

I am a 26 year old female. I recently had unprotected sex with a new partner. A few days later I began to feel symptoms of a yeast infection. I went to the doctor 6 days after having sex and got a pap smear and STD testing. All results came back negative. I was prescribed Diflucan, which cleared up the infection. I had sex with the same person again and about a week later began feeling symptoms of a UTI. I took a uristat test and the pills, but they didn't help. I guess my question is, how reliable is a pap smear/STD testing, 6 days after having sex? My other question is, is it common to get a UTI and/or YI after having sex with a new partner? Should I be concerned?
It sounds like he's re-infecting you with something after all.  I would go get tested again just to be sure and be sure to write your questions down prior to going in (it really does help and the docs usually appreciate it too).  As for the testing window, 6 days is at the front of the window to test for Gon or Chlam., 2 or more weeks for HSVs, HIV 4-6 weeks....etc.  Of course you can google this "optimal testing window for stds".  Best of luck to you.  Please keep us posted.
Thank you for your prompt reply.
No worries.  I you get luck maybe Fleetwood20 or feelingundone will reply, they seem to be pretty smart on all this.  
I hope to get as much input as possible. I mean, I think it is really soon to have any symptoms of a possible STD and may just be my body adjusting to a new partner. But that may just be wishful thinking.
So I've had Gonorrhea (2010) and that showed up in about a week after exposure.  I thought it was the end of the world and it hurt like a mofo (crazy pain).  I went about 3-4 days without doing anything but drinking Cranberry juice and taking vitamins and lots of water.  That did about nothing to stop it.  I went and got seen and within 30 seconds the doc said "yep your infected" and immediately gave me a shot in the *** (which didn't actually hurt all that bad).  By the next day I was feeling better and by the end of the week I was right as rain.  
Long story just to say, yes it can show up right away.  In doing some research it can also hide out for up to 4 years (then cause PID).  I would go get seen and get some peace of mind.  Healthy mind healthy body!  
Prayers your way!
Glad you're better. Thanks!