STDs Community
Concern of having HIV even if the condom did not break

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Hi Doc,

Couple of months ago (February to be exact) A prostitute perform oral sex  on me. I was wearing a condom the whole time. After that I perform Anal Sex with the Condom for approximately  5 mins. The Condom did not break or anything and i never thought about catching HIV or anything like that. Now I am a bit concern because i been having stomach pains when I wake up in the morning. What are my chances of having STD or HIV?  
You just have an upset stomach, friend. Your activity was protected: you never had a risk. You are fine.
you had zero chance of getting HIV.  If the condom was intact no chance.  

ext time post in HIV forum.
i want to say ok butI have been receiving symptoms like sour throat and stomach cramps, like I have the flu....remember I had sex with this prostitute in late January and I had a condom on which never broke. These symptoms did not come couple of weeks in June. I am also experiencing muscle pains in foot, hand, and arms. I even get a couple of magrins once in a while and back pains. Im probably overreacting due to being overweight and everything lol....  
"Probably" is the one indicator in which truly shows you are anxiety ridden. You had a protected encounter. You dont have anything at all. If it concerns you much, get tested then. HIV symptoms do not last for 6 months, bro. You are fine.
to correct my grammer, I meant to say i showed no symptoms until i started feeling stomach pains and muscle pains until 3 weeks ago. But you're probably right...
You are fine. I cannot stress this enough for you. Your affair was protected thus no risk for HIV. Leave it be, bro.
Have an STDs question?
100,000+ doctor answers