STDs Community
Confounded, dermal issue or something worse?

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Preface: unprotected sex- vaginal/oral on 11/16/08.

OK, I am a male, about 3 days ago (01/02/09) I began noticing these weird little skin lesion things on the inside of my upper and lower lip. I'm hesitant to call them blisters or sores as they were not raised and contained no fluid. They were extremely, extremely small but they would group together to form one larger one in a circular-ish pattern and then kind of peel off, no pain whatsoever, almost like shedding skin or something, no wounds, pain or bleeding etc. The majority cleared up yesterday (01/04/08) and then I noticed what appears to be what I can only describe as slightly discolored, circular-ish depressions in the skin leading from the corners of my mouth till about the top of my chin, and above my upper lip but below my nose. They are smallish in nature though there are a few of them-it's like the skin sort of sunk in a bit and discolored. Again, no scabbing, fluid, pain or anything, it just appears to be minutely inflamed or something. I did however notice that small amounts of skin will flake off of this area, and also that my lips are unusually chapped. Today (01/05), here comes the fun part, I woke up and am pretty sure I had some sensation of something around the corner of my left eye, and yep. Theres one of those inlamed-ish "depressions" there as well. The stuff around my mouth doesn't seem to be healing but it's not getting any worse. Also theres nothing unusual going on in my genital area that I can tell..

If anyone has any input on what this what likely be I would greatly appreciate it as I don't have insurance and not really in a position to pony up for a clinic visit unless I can't get this figured out. I'm tweaking out because these spots that are affected seem to be the general areas of problem for HSV1-2 on teh face, and although I can't recall this ever happening between post hump and now, I'm obviously paranoid as all get out and hoping I'm just being hyper sensitive to this whole deal, although there is definitely something going on.

Help?
I think you need to get this checked out.  I know lack of insurance is a big issue (I don't have it either), but if you go to an urgent care center, ask about uncompensated care, and they will give you info to work it out with the affiliated hospital.

Its something you don't want to wait on if its near your eye.  It doesn't sound like herpes, but you do need to get it checked.

Aj