STDs Community
Confused & Shocked

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Confused & Shocked

When I was 5 months pregnant my dr told me I had the STD Trich. I was beyond shocked because I have ever only been with one person my entire life and that is my husband (and at this point we've been together now 13 years). I was told he should get tested, he was and all his STD tests came back negative. My son was just born 8 weeks ago and I noticed last week I had symptoms of a yeast infection so saw my dr again. I was told I not only have a yeast infection, but now I have gonorrhea. Could someone please tell me how this is all possible when neither my husband or myself are sleeping with other people???  My husband immediately called his dr and he is getting tested AGAIN for STDS. When I had the Trich his dr tested him for just about everything and everything came back negative, and I saw the letter so I know he is not lying. We are not cheating on one another so how in the world am I getting all these STD's now??  Please someone help me because I am freaking out right now. I explained all this to my dr and she is re-testing me this week, but she swears up and down the tests are accurate. HELP! :(
trich can show up seemingly out of the blue. I think this post from HHH previously might be informative for you - http://www.medhelp.org/posts/STDs/Trichomoniasis/show/1119263  ; also trich is very hard to detect in males - did they also treat your husband too at the time?

the gonorrhea tests are very accurate. If your retest is also positive ( I assume your provider didn't already treat you ), then if you know you didn't have any partners, your partner has some explaining to do. it won't show up out of the blue!

grace
That's just it. My husband had std tests done, including gonnhera and it was all negative. The trich came back negative too but they dr gave him pills anyways probably for that reason that it's hard to detect, but everything was negative, I saw the letter. I really feel my test is a false positive. Dr said I am going on antibiotics for the time being but she is retesting me this week before she gives me some injection she says will cure it. IDK, this is all so confusing. The crazy thing is too, I haven't been on the pill long enough so my husband and I have been using condoms as well so how I got the STD even if he did have it, is beyond me. Hopefully I get more answers from my dr this week
silly to retest AFTER antibiotics. it will come out negative when you do that and you'll never know if it was truly a false positive or not.  

ask your provider to call the lab to see if they have the original specimen and to retest that using a different method instead.
I didn't take the meds. Got tested again today and she gave me meds to take tonight, so I think I will wait the 2 days for my results before I take the meds. I honestly feel this is a false positive. I know women can be stupid and defend their husbands, but there is seriously no way he could have done anything with anyone else. He goes for his test next week. My dr told me today she tested me in December and it was negative, well I just had my baby in March and it was a csection so I was on recovery and couldn't have sex until I saw my dr 3 weeks ago AND since I have been on the pill less than a month the two times my husband and I had intercourse were with a condom. So this is why this is all mind boggling to me. I will know my answers very soon. ugh!