STDs Community
Confused Concerned Chlamydia?

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Confused Concerned Chlamydia?

I have few concerning questions.. On oct. 29th I got extremely intoxicated and had unprotected sex w/ a woman I believe some anal and brief oral. I never drink and nor do I cheat on my girlfriend or at least until then. About a week later I started experiencing pain in my testicles. I did not notice any discharge but the pain was real. I immediately went to get tested and the results came back negative. However I had sex w/ my girl a few times before then. The pain never went away and by week 2 it seemed to radiate up to my bladder area/pelvic area. Still, I did not notice any discharge. If there was a discharge it was clear and very infrequent..almost like urine dribbling. I went and got tested again at about the 14 day mark after the incidence in Oct. and again results were negative.They said it could be prostatitis etc..or UTI/ epididymidids(sp?)  A week passed and I still had pain and more frequnet/ urgent urination. I was then given 1 week of Doxy. by the Doc. however I continued to have sex w/ gorlfriend after not seeing an improvement in pain after the 4 day mark. Pain then started to subside a little, off and on. I then had a severe panic attack that took me to the emergency room as I thought I was having a heart attack. the doc there gave me Flagyl. and did not notice white blood cells in urine. Still no improvement.Then at about the 5 week mark I had more intense pain in the bladder, frequent urination at night and very cloudy urine..Sore throught and pain behind the eyes as well as muscle cramps are now a common occurance. I then returned to the doc who then said it sounded just like an std like Chlamydia..and that the results were wrong? My girlfriend is @ 5 months pregnant. I am loosing my hair over the matter and do not want to loose her for such a stupid mistake. I eventually was able to contact the girl who happens to live in the Chlamydia capitol of North America. She told me she "wasn't that type of girl" and said she was clean. I have a hard time believing that and wanted to hopefully hear you thoughts on the matter. Can These symptoms be related to E.choli or another type of infection due to the sexual encounter? I have tested neg. fo everything...and am now on a 3 week course of Doxy and Cythro?..Thoughts?..please and thank you.
Also, to note, I had redness at the tip of my penis after about two weeks and it continued for some time... But like I said, no noticeable discharge.I also had pain in my upper colon area after about 5 weeks...which may not be related?..?..
There are three common STDs that aren't tested for with most STD tests.  Those are Ureaplasma, Mycoplasma, and Trichomonas.  

Trichomonas is actually more prevalent (according to the CDC) than Chlamydia is.  However, it does not usually cause symptoms in men, and it usually does in women.

Here I'm going to cut/paste some info on the other three which I wrote out so I wouldn't have to type so much:

***************************************************************************
There at 3 types of mycoplasma to be concerned with for STDs, these are mycoplasma hominis, mycoplasma genitalium, and ureaplasma urealyticum.  You can be tested through LabCorp, http://www.labcorp.com/datasets/labcorp/html/chapter/mono/vm003300.htm.  It is often not covered by insurance.  It is a urine based PCR test, and it is very accurate.  You can also test through swab which might be more accurate, but obviously less comfortable.

About 40% (or more, and this number varies) of sexually active males carry ureaplasma urealyticum, so if you test positive that does not mean that is what is causing your problems.  However, this organism has been associated with NGU in males and PID in females, as well as other disorders.

Mycoplasma hominis is less common, but still very common. Possibly just less than 10%.  It has weaker ties to disease but some people still believe it to be important.

Mycoplasma genitalium is still less common, but it is a known genital pathogen.  Although it's not tested for in your typical panel of STD tests, it seems there is more evidence linking this to disease than the other mycoplasmas.  If you test positive for this, you should pursue treatment.  Of course some will even debate this assertion, but this is my opinion.  Dr. HHH considers this something which should be treated.

These organisms are frequently transfered at the same time as the better known STDs like gonorrhea and chlamydia.  Gonorrhea has a high cure rate of about 98% (except for resistant strains, where cipro might fail but cefiximine will nearly always work) and chlamydia 96-98%. Unfortunately cipro is still prescribed often for gonorrhea even though it is now recommended against as treatment in areas with high resistance (West coast, Hawaii).  However mycoplasma recur about 20-60% of the time.  So recurrent urethritis is nearly never due to gonorrhea or chlamydia, unless the patient was reinfected.

Mycoplasma are harder to eradicate for a few reasons.  Many strains are resistant to antibiotics, especially tetracycline resistance.  This means doxycycline, a commonly prescribed drug, will often fail in treatment.  Resistance rates of 50% have been reported for ureaplasma and doxycycline.  M hominis is resistant to erythromycin, azithromycin, and clarithromycin.  Levofloxacin, another common drug, also has been shown to have a high failure rate for M genitalium.  This is why knowing which infection you have is very valuable in determining the correct treatment.

Another common phenomenon is to have treatment initially be successful with antiboitics, only to relapse later.  This is because something like 1g of Azithromycin will often lower the amount of an infection without clearing it completely, so the bacteria will regrow over the course of the next few weeks (2-4 weeks is common).  If the patient is retreated with the same ineffective treament, the same thing will often happen.

Since testing/treatment is not as common as for other bacterial STDs, treatment procedures are not as well known.  Newer drugs such as clarithromycin and moxifloxacin show higher activity in vitro (test against cultures), but they are not prescribed as commonly.  Since resistance to moxifloxacin is uncommon, this is probably a good choice for a second course of treatment where the first course of more common drugs fail, but once again due to limited data this is an opinion and not well proved.  Erythomycin is the more commonly stated drug of choice, but it is less effective and has a higher profile of side effects.

OK, now that said, it's possible you might have one of those three.  They often don't show up on a urinalysis even when present.  It's up to you to determine if you should be tested for those or not.

One thing I will say though, is if you keep having sex with your gf, if you were infected, you are just continuing to get reinfected.  You wold both have to take treatment and abstain from sex for a week in order to be cleared of any sort of bug, if one is present.

Good luck with everything.
Thank you for your reply. can ureaplasma and mycoplasma cause pain in the testicles?..and also cause frequent urination/ bladder infection like symptoms?
Also, I was given the treatment for Trich. w/ a single dosage of metronidizole...\
any thoughts.. false negatives..etc?
Can ureaplasma and mycoplasma cause pain in the testicles?...and also cause frequent urination/ bladder infection like symptoms?

Yes.

Here is the thing.  You were treated for Trich, but your gf was not.  So if you had it, you could have given it to her, and then she would give it back to you.  Same thing with any of the other infections.  You simply are NOT going to be able to figure out what is going on if you continue to have sex with her without also giving her treatment!  Or at least have protected sex until you can figure it out.  But really, since in my opinion the odds of your gf having a STD from you are pretty high, you should get her treated as well.

False negatives on Chlamydia/Gonorrhea tests (I'm assuming it was a urine based NAAT test) are pretty rare.  If they just tested you with a swab and microscope smear, then false negatives are much more likely.  If they just tested you with a simple urinalysis (just a strip dipped in urine they do right at the office), then false negatives are very, very possible.

If you were not on antibiotics at the time of the test, and it was a NAAT (DNA) test, you can trust the negative result.

So, you could still have any of those three infections not typically tested for, or even a false negative for G/C depending on the test type.  You could also just have a UTI or something like that, but the onset of about a week after sex would definitely correspond to a STD.

Let me know what type of test you had and possible I can help you further.
I've recently just finished a 2 week cycle of Doxycycline and Ciprofloxcin and I still have all the symptoms. My girlfriend was tested for Chlam. and Gon. and was negative. She did have BV. But she is pregnant and that is common..
  My sympotoms in order of occurance are as follows: Red spots on my tongue (inflamed papillae) that are still there 3 months later, sore throat, testicle and perenium pain, lower abdominal pain,frequent uriantion, night time urination, pain behind eyes    like a headache, muscle spasms and pain,  and what seems like an onset of arthritis.
Now after 3 weeks of abstience, 2 weeks of Doxy and Cipro.and still not better. Now there is pain behind my lower right hand ribcage on the back.
I have a urology appointment on Tues. and hopefully he has better news for me. my other doctors seemed to have little knowledge on the subject of Mycoplasmas and Ureaplasmas.
Inthe meanwhile, while I continue to loose my sanity over the matter, what say you in regards to my conditions/symptoms.? Do you have any suggestions or comments I can mention to my "new" Dr.? and Can it affect my pregnant GF?
I have looked online and found so many mixed reults its hard to find the answers.
Please and Thank you.
M
PS.,
I spoke w/ my last 2 Dr's. that tested me for G/C and they said the tests were very accurate. One of them mentioned something about Dna. There were 3 negative tests before I took any antibiotics and 2 negs. after.
Hope that helps...
Thanks for your time.
I saw a urologist the other day. It was a total waste of my time and money. I am not insured and his useless analogies did nothing for me. The damn guy didn't even let me talk. He told me he sees this condition all the time and that it was totally unrelated to my sexual encounter. He said it is some type of condition of the prostate and that I need to ejaculate more. He said there was no white blood cells in my urine from any previous tests done which means there is no infection such as Ureaplasma etc. Other than that he didn't let me talk me much. I think he was too impressed w/ his own voice. He also said that my initial 1 week of doxy. would have cleared anything and if not my second course of doxy. and Cipro. that I was on for 2 weeks would have definately cleared it up.
   One note about all my previous posts: I remained abstinent from sex during all my medications and saw no improvements..
   Any thoughts or comments would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
You are certainly in a tough spot.  The odds of any bacterial infections living through the 2 week course of doxy and cipro are pretty small.  At this point, you might just have residual effects from whatever you might have had to begin with.

One thing I will say is I would not test for Chlamydia or Gonorrhea again.  With more than one test being negative, there's just no way that's what you have, and any more tests are a waste of money.

With antibiotics not working, it doesn't make me think it's Ureaplasma or Mycoplasma, and with Flagyl not working I wouldn't think it's Trich.  That would be pretty much everything.  I don't want to tell you 100% though because I know that not all antibiotics work all the time.  Doxy is great when it works but has high resistance rates, and Cipro is a bit of a weak choice to begin with, and also has high resistance rates.

You could still test with the tests I mentioned earlier, but I'm not sure they will be of much help.  I can say from my own experience that doxy didn't clear my infection after taking it 100mg 2x per day for 7days.  Neither did azithromycin 1g. Clarithromycin worked nearly immediately.  But I had a positive test for Ureaplasma.  I knew exactly what I was up against, and I had a doctor who was quite good.

In the end, it's up to you.  You might get better on your own.  Or you might pay a good deal of money for the tests, only to have all of them come back negative.  But I will say in my case, I'm glad 100 times over that I did pay for the test, found the culprit, and took the APPROPRIATE antibiotic to cure it.
     Thank you very much for all your help. I really appreciate the response and suggestions.
I have a few last questions that you don't have to elaborate on but I have found and heard so many mixed results. I was hoping to hear your thoughts/opinions.
1. Is Ureaplasma/mycoplasma an sti ?( 2 dr.s told me no and 2 told me yes)
2. Could I have always had Ureaplasma/ Mycoplasma and have the symptoms flair up now due to my immune system being so down?
3. If I had a Ureaplasma infection would there be white blood cells in my urine?
4. Is testing for Ureapalsma/ Mycoplasma done w/ a urine test or a swab?
Thanks again for all your help.
I am going to have to change my screen name to "alsostillhurting" if I don't get results or answers soon.
1) Some people consider them to be, some don't .  They ARE definitely bacterial infections, linked with disease, which can be transmitted sexually.   Interpret that how you will.

2) I suppose it's possible, but I haven't heard of anything like that.  But it would make some sense.  For example, that's pretty much what happens with women and yeast infections.  They have the yeast naturally, and then suddenly, it just has overgrowth.  But that's just speculation with ureaplasma/mycoplasma.

3)  Probably.  But most of my urinalysis were negative.  Only when I got a particularly bad flare up did one turn positive.  And that was with me testing every day for a month (you can buy the strips yourself, and they are easy to read).

4) Urine test OR swab, but I'd definitely stick to urine.  Less discomfort, just as accurate.

Funny about the screen name, I've thought about changing mine since I'm not hurting any more!  Maybe I should let you have mine.
Thank you so much for you answers. I'm assuming you are not a Dr. but you have been more helpful than any Dr.'s that I've seen. I couldn't even get my Dr.'s to test me for those things. I now consider myself an internetMD w/ all the research I've done on STI's and the like. However, Myco/ureaplasmas are the most confusing because even on the www the opinions are so varied  on the cause of these conditions. I am almost to my wits end w/ "western" doctors and "western" health care that I could just snap.
Again, I truly appreciate all the help. you are doing a good thing here.
Peace.  
I hope you get this.. I need someones advice that has dealt with these issues before.
I am on the verge of total mental collapse and I could not be more fed up w/ Drs'. than I am right now.
You would not believe the trouble I've been through with all this hoopla. But I suppose it serves me right.
Anyhoo... Here I am almost 5 months after my encounter and I still have several of the symptoms. I have done enough research to declare myself an internetMD. So, I believe I have what appears to be Reiters Syndrom (syndrome)(?) arthritis, joint pain, muscle pain. I also have pain in my right flank from what I am sure is a Urethral infection due to Ureaplasma.
I have seen 3, yes 3, urologists that have done nothing for me.However i have tested negative for Ureaplasma 2x the other Doc. said it was not an issue.... The last Doc I went to, I had to beg him to put me on Zipro pack(?) Zithromycin for 5 days and it helped!! so much! but then after about 4 days all the symptoms came back. But I felt great after the first day. But now here I am again back where I started and the Doc tells me he won't put me back on anything if it didn't work the first time. ****! So now that I have financially buried myself w/ medical debt and Drs who seem to think my condition is totally non-sexually related I can't get healthy and my career is in limbo because I am a semi-professional athlete and I can't kick this infection.
So, heres my question: What is recomended to treat Ureaplasma in the U.S. if the Doxy, Cipro, and Zithro did not work. You had mentioned Clarithromycin?..Biaxin or what about Bactrim or Septra?.. I need answers please! I am very in tune w/ my body and know it well, I don't have prostatitis, or some other mechanical problem. I KNOW it is an infection. what do you suggest i do?
Please.
Thank you.
I will let StillHurting answer about his experiences, but has it occured to you that maybe this ISN'T related to sexual activity?

Also, have they done a prostate exam or an MRI?  I know you don't have insurance, but it seems those would be good things to check on.

AJ
Let me start with the basics first.  

First, I agree with auntiejessi above, you can't be sure you actually have an infection.  Causes of prostatitis (if that is what you have) aren't really understood, but it's definitely the case that you can have certain symptoms without signs of any infection.  That's why it's best to rely on test results.

In my case, I had discharge, it was VERY obvious.  So I was very confident I did have some infection, it was a much more clear cut case than yours.

Second, you don't mention if your gf was ever treated, but if she wasn't and only you were, you could just be getting reinfected from her.  Getting her treated is vital IF you are in fact infected.  You did mention that she was tested for G/C, but we've pretty much figured out that's not what you have, if in fact you do have anything.  Also, any test you take for these things that's not at least one week after you've finished taking antibiotics is not a valid test.

It's interesting that you say you did take a test for Ureaplasma, since the test is not common.  Did you get the test through LabCorp?  You might be mistaking a test for white blood cells as being the same thing, but it most definitely is not.  The doctor who said that an infection like Ureaplasma will always show up with WBCs in your urine was just wrong, unfortunately.  Urinalysis is a good first screening but not definitive.  You need an accurate test like a PCR.

Also, the LabCorp test for Ureaplasma includes a test for Mycoplasma.  However you didn't mention that result.  Both can be important, Mycoplasma Genitalium can definitely cause symptoms as well, as a matter of fact it's more likely to cause symptoms when present that Ureaplasma is.  Did you test for that as well?

If you did take the proper test for Ureaplasma/Mycoplasma, don't bother testing again.  The test is quite accurate and so there is little reason to spend your money with further testing.

Ideally, you would test like this: hold urine for at least two hours, have (or perform on yourself) a prostate massage to produce prostatic fluid (eps), and then urinate about 15-30ml into the sample cup only.  This will give you the most accurate results because it can pick up some infections which might be in your prostate but not really in your urethra.

Also, you never said if your gf was ever tested/treated for Trich.  It would be good to eliminate as many variables here as possible.  You can be tested for Trich also if you prefer testing over treatment.

Also, did you ever have a regular test for a UTI?  Just a urine culture?  Nearly anyone can order one, and sometimes these symptoms can be do to things like E Coli and Staph which a simple culture will pick up.  A typical urine culture will NOT pick up the STD bacteria however.  And I agree with antiejessi again here, at least have your prostate checked.  That's a quick (but not fun) test which will at least lend some evidence for/against something like prostatitis.

Bactrim and Septra are used for treated UTIs, but are ineffective against Ureaplasma.  Clarithromycin is good, or one of the newer fluoroquinolones like levofloxacin and moxifloxacin (Levaquin and Avelox).  Though, usually, Zithromycin works quite well, so I'm not so sure what's going on here.  But visiting different doctors and getting the same tests over and over again does no good.  And taking antibiotics but continuing to have unprotected sex with your gf who might have been infected by you also does no good.   And, if you do really have prostatitis, 5 days is not going to be long enough to treat.  2-4 weeks is better.

I don't want to come off as harsh, I really want to help you here, but you are really going to have to buckle down if you want to figure this thing out.   Trust me, I know it's very hard to track down something other than G/C since the Drs don't know much about it.  But it's possible.

Feel free to ask me any more questions.
thank you for your comments!
I suppose I should be more detailed w/ my Dr. visits.
Yes, I have had my prostate examined 5 times at least once by every different Dr. and you are definitely correct about it not being fun. they eliminated prostatitis to a degree but not entirely. It is strange to me that all these bad symptoms occured after my sexual encounter and I am a very healthy person otherwise.
No, I have not continued to have any sex w/ anyone for the past two-three months so that eliminates the possibility of being re-infected. I do have a itching sensation inside my penis in the urethra(?).. and several other symptoms as listed in previous posts.
I had two Dr.s test me for ureaplasma though I am not sure what types of tests they were. the other Dr. refused to test me because he said ureaplasma would not cause any symptoms.
I have had several urine cultures and none have really revealed an infection. No white blood cells have been present.
I was on doxy a while a go for 3 weeks and w/ no results. as well Cipro w/out any improvements. However when I had lost my patience and told the dr. to put me on  Zipro I saw immediate improvements BUT after the last (5th) day , the symptoms returned a day later. So...here I am again. confused, pissed off at myself and depressed.
My symptoms that I feel now are as follow in order of severity: pain in R. flank (kidney), pain in joints!( knees, fingers, elbows), tightness in bladder and frequent urination, and pain behind eyes.
Thank you for all your help. Hhope to hear from you again.
M
I am grasping here, but have you had an MRI of your kidneys to look for any thing that way?

AJ
I did have an ultrasound done on my bladder, testicles and I believe they also did my kidneys. Neither revealed anything.
I am wondering if it is a mycoplasma or ureaplasma and are these tests available to purchase online? I was tested for Ureaplasma twice and I have not been tested for mycoplasma. the results were negative....
I just feel quite certain that it is an infection of some kind that has gone undetected by the Dr.s.
Thank you,
M
You've already been tested twice.  You've taken meds.  Maybe StillHurting has a better answer than I do, but I'm not so sure you've got an infection here.

AJ
I think you need to stop taking antibiotics, as prolonged use will F*$# things up with your body.  Try staying away from this site for about two weeks and try to get your mind off your symptoms...see if you'll feel better.  I'm not saying you don't have an infection, nor am I saying you do.  I suffer from prostatitis and have been for a year, and I too have had a hard time not finding information.
I'm not sure about the infection either.  

Do you know what sort of test they did for the Ureaplasma?  There are only two I know of, one through LabCorp and one form the U of Alabama.  Possibly there are more but I'm not aware of them.  And I believe that both of these would look for Mycoplasma at the same time.  I just want to make sure your "tests" were real tests.  Did the doctor send them out to a lab?  Because a urinalysis is not a real test.

And the third doctor does have a point, there are quite a few people with Ureaplasma who have no symptoms.  Though I disagree with ignoring it on that basis, it is true.

I don't want to dismiss you because I know it can be frustrating, but since you did say you have been good about not having sex during this period, that does make it really unlikely in my eyes that you continue to have a bacterial infection.   Two weeks of Cipro and two weeks of doxy is going to be effective most of the time, nevermind the azithromycin as well.  You could still test for Trich, though you have taken a treatment for that which is usually successful.

I do think you have to accept that there is the possibility that you do not continue to have an infection.  It's also possible that you did have an infection, which is now gone, but leaves behind symptoms somewhat like Reactive Arthritis.  One explanation for reduction of you symptoms while taking antibiotics which has been suggested before is the antibiotics acting as an anti inflammatory.  Symptoms from actual bacterial infections do not come back immediately the next day after finishing a course because it takes longer than that for the bacteria to build up again, usually a week or more. I might look in to Reactive Arthritis next if I were you.

Thanks for your replies. I am really grateful for all of your help.

I am not sure what type of tests were done for the ureaplasma but they only took urine samples.
My biggest concern right now is my right flank pain (kidney) and it is sometimes very very sore w/ a throbbing sensation.
I could live with the urethral tingiling but I'd rather not. The occasional testicle pain I could handle if I had to. However, the reactive arthritis or reiters arthritis is a BIG problem right now. It is really getting to my head and f'ing up my lifestyle. ( NOTE: I tried to ignore the symptoms in the hopes that they were just a "figment". Unfortunately they are not despite my best efforts to get well again both mentally and physically.)
I might believe that the last course of Zithromax may have had a placebo effect on me due to my high hopes that it was the end all, be well, medication.
I still strongly believe that I have something along the lines of a non-specific urethritis/NGU that has traveled up to my kidney and hence the pain there. After all the tests I am still under the suspicion that I have something that has been totally foreign to my Doctors, such as ureaplasma or Mycoplasma Genitallium. The only other thing could be fungal or parasitic but they don't really fit the symptoms ( or do they?).
The key factor here is the one my Doc's have failed to pay attention to is that all this started to happen after I had unprotected inebriated sex 3 months ago and within a week after that I had testicle pain, etc, etc, you can see my first few posts.
You mentioned Reactive Arthritis in your last post, but that would definitley suggest a bacterial infection. So, I guess the million dollar question is which one?

Thank you again for your replies. I wish i could hook you guys up in some way or say thanks in a better way. tommy420, I think I can guess how you'd like to be hooked up(cough, cough).
One last question, I've been looking everywhere online and I can't find a single article on the recommended treatment for Mycoplasma Genitallium. Do you have any links or have heard of any full proof treatment?
Thank you,
musashi7

If you are having kidney pain, you need to see your doc soon.  I would call today and let them know you are having severe pain in your kidneys.

AJ
i been to a doctor and they send me for a ultrasound of my kiddneys and pelvic  when i go to the bathroom i have the urge to urinat but when it comes out my bladder does not empty what could this be
I dont know where you are in your recovery, but I have been going through similar things as you are/did in the last two months and finally, yes, finally, tested positive for Mycoplasma after having epididimytits (sp?) for almost two months. They have prescribed me a one week dose of Klaricid, aka Clarithromycin. Your story is very similar to mine with the running around, seeing several doctors, getting dozens of tests all saying negative, etc. feeling like arthritis has consumed my feet when I roll out of bed in the morning. I am curious to know where you are in your recovery?
..."One last question, I've been looking everywhere online and I can't find a single article on the recommended treatment for Mycoplasma Genitallium. Do you have any links or have heard of any full proof treatment?
Thank you,musashi7"...

The one question I was hoping to get answered here myself is your last question which didnt' get answered... There are mixed opinions and research on treatments fro M.G., but I have been prescribed Klaracid (500mg, once a day) and Cirok (500 mg, twice a day). My symptoms have greatly subsided in the last two weeks after taking Cravit and resting for about a month, but just today (Jan, 2012) was diagnosed with M.G, which my doctor said is most likely the culprit for my epididmyitis issues.
this post is almost 4 years old now.

please pay attention to the dates on posts - thanks!!! we recommend not replying to posts older than 2 weeks old since most posters don't come back after that point and you don't want to waste your time :)

grace
3 years later and still with similar symptoms. All of these symptoms originated on a very unfortunate night with a one night stand. Damn alcohol.
The symptoms come and go. I am very healthy eater and I work out daily. However, I have noticed dramatic decreases in my health, athletic performance, and joint mobility. I am convinced after many long years behind Google in the pursuit of my Internet Doctorate, that either mycoplasma genitalium or ureaplasma are the culprits behind my deteriorating health. I have night sweats nightly, sore throats monthly, an unidentifiable rash that comes and goes on my back and chest, and worst of all, my poor wife who has similar symptoms minus the rash, and bouts with vaginosis.
  I am frustrated and disgusted with all of the Doctors I have seen. Every time I mention that I believe it is mycoplasma they immediately dismiss me, my word, and all the previous Doctors/ specialists failed attempts. Then they make their own assumtpions "prostatitis, blah blah blah" and order all the same blood tests, etc. It's been a waste of time. Many even tested for mycoplasma but with urine tests and swabs which apparently is not the proper way to test for it.
  In short ,I feel like some medical conspiracy against my health is happening. None of the Doctors want to treat me with Zithro or Cirok. Probably because they don't want me to be right. The one time i was given a Z pak I noticed some improvements  - since then (2008) none have given me a macrolide antibiotic or similar. I have tried EVERYTHING from different antibiotics, kidney tests, prostate medications, tests, tests, and more tests, and not one Doctor has even considered mycoplasma even after I present my argument.
So, no real improvements. I do what I can on my end by eating very clean, drinking lots of water, living a healthy lifestyle. It is still not enough. I tempted to go to Europe as they are seemingly ahead of the curve in that field.
Any help, or mexican drug dealer that deals in antibiotics, would be greatly appreciated.
-musashi7
what now?  i got it too.
where  areyou now on this?
This post is 4 years old, if you have a question start your own thread.