STDs Expert Forum
Confused and scared

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Confused and scared

I have add’l follow-up related to my previous posts.  My concerns were eleviated with your replies. However, a few months later,  I started developing additional symptoms that I ignored which are becoming more relevant. Specifically,  I began to notice pain/discomfort  in my left testicle/groin area that is intermittent.  I haven’t  noticed any swelling or tenderness,  but I have noticed some pain sensation that seems to run from my testicular area back towards my anus,  but I can’t seem to pinpoint it.  I’ve had some intermittent discomfort following urination,  but generally no pain on urination.  There’ve also been times when my urine has appeared cloudy,  but not consistent. I haven’t noticed any overt discharge.  Over the course of the last couple of months, I’ve started to feel some slight pain in my left knee and other joints that also comes and goes and I have noticed some slight swelling of the left knee.  The pain seems to have subsided, but my knee feels like it may be a bit swollen. I am also experiencing what appears to be a single, dark floater in my left eye that came on about a month ago. Also, recently  my s.o. has been complaining of a lack of appetite and a general ill feeling persisting over a week..

My concern is that I’ve acquired chlamydia,  but I can’t fathom how.  It seems very unlikely I could’ve  by the previous events.  My questions are:

1.If the tip of my penis were exposed unknowingly from the top of my trousers during a lapdance , what is the likelihood of acquiring an STD like Chlamydia this way? I don’t believe this ever happened because I usually make sure my shirt is tucked in over my underwear.
2.Is it likely that a chlamydial infection could persist after almost a year in a male, given no other risky exposures during the previous year?
3.Is it possible these symptoms could be related to NGU that I acquired sexually from s.o. or from prostatitis or something else?
Welcome back to our Forum. I'm sorry that you continue to worry about the exposures we have discussed previously.  There was really no risk for chlamydia, or any other STD from them.  

There is virtually no way that your penis could be exposed during a lap dance in the situation you describe.  You are really stretching things to even consider this possibility.

Chlamydial infection can persist. The best data are for women and even in women at the end of a year, only a small proportion of infections remain.   Again, as I said above, there is no realistic chance of infection from the activities you have described.

NGU is typically and STD- I don't see that as a possibility.  Prostatitis is not due to STDs and is a possibility but again unlikely in that the symptoms of prostatitis tend to be continuous and progress.  Your symptoms do have some characteristics of the Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome which is a poorly understood, typically non-STD associated genitourinary problem.  It is perhaps best described on Wikipedia.  Other than urologists and a few STD people, most physicians are not aware of this syndrome.  You might take a look at Wikipedia.  

Once last time however, STDs should not be your concern related to those exposures so many months ago.  Take care. EWH
So, just to clarify,  even if my penis had been unknowingly exposed from the top of trousers/underwear during an extended and vigorous lapdance,  there would be little or no risk for an STD like Chlamydia?
Please re-read my response.  The scenario you describe is not very plausible.  You need to relax. EWH
Dr.-

I hate to bother you again with this issue, but I have some additional information that is relevant.  My significant other has been complaining of cramping/lower abdominal discomfort for the last few days.  Her appetite has also been off.  She is not on her period currently.  I am extremely concerned about her health given the previous concerns and exposures I've had as previously posted.  Again,  my only exposures, other than with my s.o., have been clothed lapdances or therapuetic (no-sexual) massages over 1 year ago.  I am 1000% confident my s.o. has not been unfaithful.    Should I get tested?  Should I ask her to go to the doctor?  Do I tell her about my past indiscretions?  I am in need of some good advice.
This in no way changes my assessment or advice. IF your SO has a problem she whould see her own health care provider. EWH