STDs Community
Constant burning in penis, what kind of STD?

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

Hi, I am 36 yrs old guy and made a biggest mistake of my life, when I was drunk. I received unprotected oral sex from a stripper like 11 days ago and 3 days later I felt burning while urinating and constant burning in my penis all the time. I went to the doctor and he tested for chlamydia, gonorrhea (both came Negative) and gave me 7 day course of Cipro.
But constant burning is still there but I do not have any other FLU symptoms, Enlarged glands, discharge, bumps, sores near my genital area. Not sure whats going on, but I am very much worried.
Is constant penis burning is the symptom of herpes? What is the time window for herpes symptoms to showup? Can I go get tested for herpes this early?
is it Herpetic urethritis? Any idea, If its not herpes what could it be? Could it be Trichomoniasis or Candidiasis(yeast infection)?

I am planning to schedule an appointment with urologist soon, so any idea what else I need to be tested for?

Any information would be appreciated. Thanks for your help..
your herpes questions have already been answered in the herpes forum I believe.

if you didn't have the sores when you were seen originally, return today to be seen again and ask for herpes lesion culture.  

since you've finished the cipro, if symptoms haven't abated, following up again is the best course of action. far better choices than cipro for your symptoms.

grace