STDs Community
Could it still be Gonorrhea?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Could it still be Gonorrhea?

I am a 24 yo gay male. Three weeks ago I had unprotected oral sex (both receptive and insertive) with one male partner who tested positive for Gonorrhea on the throat. I got treated just four days after exposure with a single shot (not sure what antibiotic it was) and a combined treatment for Chlamydia. The doctor also gave me ofloxacin (Tarivid)  to treat what he thought was an STD unrelated problem that was causing testicular pain. He tested me for gonorrhea and chlamydia, and said that after 4 days, it was very likely to identify the infection if I had been infected.

More than 2 weeks have passed since I had my shot + chlamydia + ofloxacin treatment, and more than 20 days have passed since I was first exposed to Gonorrhea. Although I never experienced the classical symptoms (no discharge, no burning sensation while urinating) the past few days, the pain in my testicles has started to get worse. The doctor did an ultrasound on my testicles and they are fine.

I am afraid that the symptoms I am experience (slight uncomfortable sensation in the penis + pain in the testicles/abdominal area) are a sign that I was indeed infected with Gonorrhea and that the antibiotics didn't work. The results for the test the doctor took were all negative, and he really doesn't think I should be worried about this particular STD, but I am. Is it possible after 20 days to have Gonorrhea without any other symptoms than testicular pain and slight discomfort in the penis?

What else could it be?
101028_tn?1348750963
let's keep this all in you roriginal post - thanks!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
STDs Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...