STDs Community
Cured STD? I need help!

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Cured STD? I need help!

Will Augmentin cure Trich?

About a week ago I had almost all signs/symptoms of Trichomonas for a female.  I have been dating someone new the last two months and believed he must have given it to me. I get checked every year for STD's and have never had one.  After my suspicions of contracting an std from my new boyfriend I made an appointment with my gynecologist but the wait is a couple weeks long.  

In the mean time I had a sinus infection. I went and saw a immediate care doctor who put me on Augmentin (Amoxicillin and Clavulanate Potassium) to treat it. About 3 days later all symptoms of the STD were gone.  I am not sure of the Augmentin cleared up the STD.  I need to have a conversation with my boyfriend about this but I also need to know that I actually had an STD before I accuse him of giving me one.  If I did have an STD there is no chance it was from anyone else and he also needs to get treated. I am still going to visit my doctor to get tested for all STD's  in case he gave me more than one.   : (

I am wondering if it is possible that the augmentin treated the trichomonas or whatever other issue I had.

Thanks for the help.
Tags: cured, STDs, help, needs
I'm no expert, but.. I'd just like to say that you shouldn't view confronting your boyfriend about your concerns as an accusation.  If anything, you should show him the sign of respect to say "Hey, we should go get tested." that way, if he is infected he can get it cleared up ASAP.  

Is there a chance for re-infection?
no it won't cure trich.

give the clinic a call and let them know you have vaginitis symptoms and need seen today or tomorrow. get properly tested and get better answers.

odds are your bf hasn't had proper std testing done. most folks don't get it done but say that they do.  definitely time to have a talk with him about std's in general and testing. if he says he gets tested, ask him to get a copy of his last test results and you also provide a copy of yours too so you can both be sure you are getting properly tested. odds are neither of you have been tested for herpes either.

grace