Dark lesions in genital area

The other night I noticed a dark mole looking thing around my husbands genital area in his pubic area.  I examined in the light and discovered about 4-5 of them, one on the shaft of his penis.  They are dark, raised, and the size of a pencil eraser.  My first thought was skin cancer and then I got  onto warts.  They don't appear to look like the pictures of genital warts and have been there for years.  IT started off as just one and was looked at by his urologist while performing a vasectomy 4 years ago.  Dr. said it was nothing.  Well, I believe it's something because now there are more.  WE have been in a very monogamous marriage/relationship for the last 17 years.  I have had 3 babies and have been tested for every std prior to pregnancies, and have been screened with PAP tests every year with no change in results.  Could they be skin tags? moles? I have searched the entire internet for answers.  We have an appt on Thursday with a dermatologist, is this the correct doctor to see or should we see a family practioner first?  Very stressed and would like some peace of mind before then.
the dermatologist is fine.

not unusual for more moles or skin tags to appear over time either.

grace