STDs Expert Forum
Diagnosis and Prognosis??
About This Forum:

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Diagnosis and Prognosis??

Dear Dr.,
Exactly a week ago, a stripper performed unprotected oral sex on me for a very short period of time.  As I understand the risks after reading countless post, there is a relatively small but real probability that I was exposed to HSV, gonorrhea, and non-chlamydia nongonococcal urethritis- and a theoretical probability of being exposed to syphilis.  I was tested the first day after the event and those test came back negative.  But because I know that the test are more accurate after several days, I went back after five days for an additional test.  My doctor said the test came back negative for gonorrhea and chlamydia (although as I understand it, chlamydia does not thrive in the mouth and thus my risk of inflection is relatively low).  I asked him about non-chlamydia nongonococcal urethritis and he said my urine was negative for bacteria but that sometimes those bacteria are more difficult to detect.
I would be happy w/ these result, except yesterday evening- six days post the event- my bladder started to feel like there was pressure on it and a frequent need to urinate.  This ordeal, however, has caused me a great deal of stress because I'm usually not one to take sexual risks and I do wonder if my symptoms are psychosomatic or the result of drinking a lot of water to make myself urinate- given the results of tests came out negative- or if I actually have an NGU infection.
I described on the phone to my doctor the symptoms and he said it was possible I had an NGU infection and advised me to come back to his office the following day for an additional test and an Ofloxacin prescription IF I continue to experience the same sensation overnight.  
I wonder if you agree w/ the doctors diagnosis and prognosis.
Many thanks,