STDs Community
Did my husband cheat?

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Did my husband cheat?

For months I was having symptoms of what I thought were reoccurring yeast infections.  My symptoms would get better but then everytime I had sex w/my husband of 14 yrs. they would get worse again.  I thought it was either a yeast infection or a UTI or a combo of both.  I have a weak immune system and have had a medical history including a ureterocele and kidney damage so I didn't find it unusual that I was getting sick over and over again.  I was on Macrobid for 3 weeks for a kidney infection as they found blood in my urine, but when I went for my regular OB/Gyn appt. it was still showing infection in my urine.  They sent my urine off for a culture and it came back that I had Gonorrhea.  I have never had sex w/anyone but my husband and he swears he doesn't know of cheating on me but there was one night when he was extremely intoxicated and I went to pick him up from some guys house who sells drugs and he came out of one of the bedrooms with just some girl not the other two guys who were there.  He says he can't remember what happen that night but doesn't think he cheated on me.  He thinks they might have slipped something in his drink.  Anyway, the girl was hanging all over him and asking him to take her home with him until she realized I was his wife not his sister when I was at the door to pick him up.  After being treated with the other antibiotics the Dr. prescribed for the Gonorrhea I have been fine.  I have been w/my husband for 18yrs. and want to believe he hasn't cheated on me but I feel like that would make me a fool!!  Is there anyway that my test could have been a false positive due to my kidney problems and having a kidney infection?
I don't have enough medical knowledge to answer if kidney problems could have caused a false positive. I will try to get someone else to look at this.

But you took the medication for gonorrhea and you stopped having symptoms. Pretty good indication that you probably had gonorrhea. While the medication can treat other things adding everything up together my bet would be that you did get gonorrhea from your husband. has your husband ever complained of symptoms? Tested?

But like I said above I will try to get someone else to look at this.
Ok had someone else take a look and is in agreement with me with the medication and symptoms clearing.
Chance that kidney issues gave a false positive...probably not. Moke likely is medication you took for kidney issues could have given a false negative.

And I don;t know how long you were on the medication, but if it was the entire time with husband you would not have gonorrhea for 14 years and not know it...you would probably be dead.
I took the medicine for like three weeks and I haven't had any UTI or yeast infection symptoms since.  Like I said, my husband swears he has never cheated but does admit he can't remember what happened that night but says he would never cheat on me.  His family and everyone keeps telling me this too!  Like I said, I want to believe him because it breaks my heart to think he would do something like that but I have never had sex with anyone but him so I don't know how else I could have got it unless it is a false negative.  I can't remember if he took anything, but he wasn't really having any symptoms except one time he had a little bit of greenish discharge and he also had a rash that he thought was jock itch.  If he didn't take anything would it go away on him on it's own?  He does have a really healthy immune system.
He should've been treated at the same time you were!!!

At this point I recommend that you both go back for full std testing.  He's been hanging in some unsavory places and doesn't remember what went on.  Obviously the gonorrhea came from somewhere ( you had symptoms so it's likely a true positive ) and you both need to tackle this head on.

grace
He only went over there one time.  He actually was supposed to be at his uncle's house but when his aunt didn't bring him home I went there and his uncle wouldn't tell me where he was but his aunt told me.  When I told him and accused him of cheating on me he just got really angry and defensive.  I don't know if he ever went to the doctor or not, as he wouldn't even acknowledge that he cheated on me and gave me the gonorrhea.  Even to this day, if I bring it up he gets angry and defensive and says he never cheated on me but I have never had sex w/anyone but him and I have been w/him since I was 15.  I am 33 now.  I want to believe him as we have 2 kids together and if he did cheat on me I don't want anything to do with him!  It was humiliating to be told by my doctor that I had Gonorrhea when I had only been with one man in my whole life and that man was my husband the one person I should be able to trust more than anyone.
Greenish discharge is a calssic symptom of gonorrhea. The Dr's on this site have said in men a lot of times the infection goes away on it's own, but he could have also had it treated with medication.

As Grace said you and husband both need retesting because you could have given it back to him.
He cheated on you sweetie, trust me. When a man says "I don't remember" it actually means I remember I just know better than to tell you the truth. My ex boyfriend told me the same thing about a weekend he disappeared. He came back to me claiming he couldn't remember what happened that weekend then I found by the woman he slept with that he was sleeping with her the whole weekend. I also had symptoms, but mines was a UTI.