Discharge and itchy urethra
I was sitting down and I noticed a slight white discharge from my penis and lately I have also had an itchy urethra (slightly under the head) and a small amount of burning when I urinate. Also, the discharge happened late at night it wasn't when I woke up but just when I was sitting down.

During sex my girlfriend has had very thick white lotion like discharge during sex and I wasn't sure if it was just a yeast infection or normal (other girlfriends in the past have had this).

My girlfriend was a virgin before we got together and I had been tested in the past for STDs and they came back negative (though I was with a girlfriend before my current one whom I didn't get tested for afterwords)
Also, its been over a year since dating the last girl I dated where I didn't get checked and haven't noticed any form of discharge if that helps.
Another thing (since I don't know how to edit posts), there is only a very tiny amount of discharge and it happened again this morning when I squeezed from the base to the head a small amount came out.
You need to see a Dr, this could be a couple of different things like a STD or maybe just a yeast infection or maybe a prostate issue. But see a Dr for your symptoms and I would ask to get tested.