STDs Expert Forum
Discoloration of Penis NO other symptoms

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

About a year ago I noticed that the underside and head of my penis was slightly discolored (the area had turned white)... as I felt no pain and could find no information as to an STD with these symptoms I ignored it (I know I shouldn't have). Well, in the past couple months I noticed the area grow more around the head of the penis and down the underside of my penis. There is no pain or anything else associated. What could this be?

On a seperate issue, over the past 4 years I have noticed my ability to sustain intercourse to be much less (I don't last as long). More recently I have noticed that I my erections are nto as strong as they used to be (although this may be related to the stress of balancing Law School, work, my son and a disfunctional relationship). Should I worry abour this as well?
Neither discoloration of the penile skin nor erectile dysfunction is a sign of any STD.  There are many causes of both problems, but the skin problem sounds like vitiligo, a disorder involving loss of pigment cells in the skin.  Vitiligo can occur anywhere on the body; to my knowledge not especially common on the genitals  In any case, both that and the erective problem are outside my area of expertise, which is limited to STDs.  So I really can't help, except to suggest you see your primary health care provider.

Best wishes--- HHH, MD
Hi.In My case i have had protected as well as unprotected sex in my lifetime.My last sexual encounter was in november 2005 after 4 weeks my Penis started buring.There is no buring sensation when urinating but its burns everyday.I went to the doctor and performed a urine test along with culture the doctor said there was no problem and nothing was detected in my urine culture test.I dont have any othere symptoms for STD.But my Penis still burns and there is a whithish patch on the tipe of my penis.Can you please suggest me  with an advise.
A related discussion, Discoloration of penis was started.