STDs Community
Discomfort after urethral swab test.

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Discomfort after urethral swab test.

This morning I had a urethral swab test.  Since then I have had pretty intense pain while urinating.  The test was painful to begin with, how long will I experience pain due to the test.  My penis is also sore, sensitive to the touch, and  it also appears slightly swollen.
Darn shame wherever you went is still testing that way :(  You can get tested just as easy thru urine ( peeing in a cup vs Q tip down the pee hole - no brainer choice there ).

A little discomfort wouldn't be too unusual especially depending on the technique of the person doing it. drinks TONS of water today to keep the bladder flushed out. If you are still in so much pain tomorrow - give the clinic a call and ask to be seen.

grace
You need to push that swab in deep...about two inches and rotate 5 to 6 times. It must stay in 15 to 30 seconds for absorption. Most patients just scream it out through the procedure. Eventually the nerves grow back but expect some weird feelings and surges of pain throughout the healing process. As you know, damaged nerves can take months to feel right again. This is a standard test that has been given to millions. Although the procedure is most often given with the man standing, they usually pull back so I have them lay back on the exam table with their hands under their buttocks. The rule is to keep your hands there until the procdure is over.
But is there any cream or oil that can be used to help with the discomfort?