STDs Expert Forum
Discomfort (again)

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Discomfort (again)

After trying everything to make the mild discomfort go away that  had lasted for about 5 months (and retests for ghonnareha and chlamydia came back neg) I scheduled a visit with a dermatologinst (will go Feb 2). I tried some Lamisil antifungal ointment. After about 5 days the discomfort was noticably better and today is day 7
and its pretty much totally gone. Yet there is still some mild redness in the area (the tender part of the circumcised skin). Is it possible that i got some sort of fungal infection from sexual contact? if so what possibly? why didnt it get any worse?  The lamisil says to use it for 7 days for jock itch, should i continue using it until every thing is totally cleared up. Or is this just coincednece that its going away after lamisil treatment. my symptoms really didnt fit the mold for jock itch or any std that I could find. I just never had problems down there until I got chlamydia about 6mos ago and this happened shortly after, so im very suspicious that it was something sexually transmitted. assuming that everything clears up in the next 2 weeks should i still see the dermatologist? will he be able to tell me anything?
Sorry, I can't help further.  I'm sure you have nothing sexually transmitted.  The response to Lamisil is encouraging.  It's entirely up to you whether you see a dermatologist anyway if your symptoms go away completely and stay away.

Good luck--  HHH, MD