STDs Community
Discomfort in genitals

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

Discomfort in genitals

I am a 24yo male who had unprotected oral sex about a year ago.

About 2 to 3 months ago, I started feeling discomfort in my lower abdomen and lower back. Also I felt some discomfort in my genitals area but I cant really identify the specific pain area. After that, the discomfort would come on and off and on some days, it would be ok. Recently, I have experienced slight pain in the genital area, sometimes base of the penis shaft, sometimes at the tip, sometimes at the scrotum and I still feel like my testicles are very vulnerable nowadays, a slight touch will feel uncomfortable but not really painful as well. Sometimes, there is a small bump on the base of the penis head which will be slightly sore. It is painless and sometimes it goes away.

I do not have any urination problems and no discharge from the penis. No swelling in the testicles or anything. I still behave and work normally, just that there is discomfort down there.

This has been bothering me for a long time now. Please help me. Thanks.
Avatar n tn
Did you receive the oral sex, or give it? Either way, it sounds like you're really stressing out about a statistically low risk encounter. I dealt with stress about a similar encounter and believe me, phantom symptoms can drive you up a wall. Dealing with it by being tested helped tremendously.
If there's any doubt in your mind, you should simply go to your local health center and get tested. It will set your mind at ease.