STDs Expert Forum
Doctor Please Help

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Doctor Please Help

I had a oral sex (Give and Receive) with a women (I am a male) Exposure was about 7-8 months ago, I also had a french kissing only exposure about 6 mo ago.  I had some body itching last month that went away after a day and a half and now lastnight I had a body itch that has lasted so far,  Some times I would have darker urine also but if i drank alot of water it would become clear as water.

1.Can I be infected with Hep B from the oral sex or kising described ?
2.Do Hep B symptoms come and go like that ?  
3.When do Hep B symptoms normaly come on and how long do Hep B symptoms last?
4.If they did come and then go away is that because your body has cleared the virus?
5 Would the darker pee that turns clear after drinking water be a symptom of Hep B?
6.Will I die from this?
7.Will protected vag/anal sex protect you from HEP B
8.Do I Need To Test For HEP B?

Please answer my questions with as much detail as you can please.

Welcome to the forum.  I will try to help.  first a few background comments.  Hepatitis B is becoming a rare disease in the U.S. Last year there were only about 2/3 as many new cases of hepatitis B as there were cases of HIV which is also a rare disease.  Most hepatitis B is transmitted by sexual contact via genital-genital or ano-genital contact, not by oral sex or kissing.   In fact in textbooks of medicine transmission of hepatitis B by kissing, including deep kissing is not even mentioned so while it is a theoretical possibility, I would say it would be incredibly unusual for you to get hepatitis B though kissing and exchange of oral secretions.  With this as background, let's work through your questions:

1.  See above.  I would say no - never heard or seen it in over 30 years of STD focused practice.
2.  No, you would get the symptoms and keep them until they went away. they do not come and go.
3.  It varies from person to person.  some people get no symptoms, in others they last a few weeks unless the disease becomes chronic.
4.  see above- this does not happen
5.  Dark urine is a non-specific finding.  It would be orange and stay that way if this was hepatitis B.
6. No!!!!!!  It is unlikely you have hepatitis B.
7.  Yes condoms do prevent hepatitis B. If you are worried about this and have not had it however, you should also have the hepatitis B vaccine. It is highly effective.
8.  In your case, given what appears to be a high level of anxiety, you might want to get a test to prove that you do not have hepatitis B.  On the other hand, I see no medical reason for hepatitis B testing.  If you choose to get tested, do not do so unless you are committed to believing the results.  
9.  dildo with saliva as lubrication is not a problem or risk

Hope this helps. EWH
Also Doc,  I am in Michigan in the US if that makes a difference
Sorry to keep adding things Doc,  This will be my last add on.  I also had a 10 min exposure where a women used a dildo on me and used her spit as lube. please take this in to account as well when you are answering please

Thank you Doctor for your information,  One last quick question and I will not bother you further. I took some Rapid home STD tests and home rapid tests for Chlamydia and it was a POZ result,  Do you know if it is transmitted easly via oral sex and kissing

If so what should I do next?

Last question

Doc can you please answer my last question and I will not ask anymore
Chlamydia is almost never transmitted by oral sex.  There are several possibilitites including that the test is incorrect or that you have had chlamydia for a while, asymptomatically and perhaps from a different sexual encounter.  I would get checked by a real person, perhaps at your own doctor or at your local health department, not on-line.  EWH
Also one last question - Do you think Hep B could be transmitted this way -- One time I left my house and left my nephew here for a hour or so, when I came back I used my computer like always and while i typed I was picking a few scabs on my hand I had til they blead some. After this I noticed that there was sperm on the floor (He was masturbating when i was gone) the *** was on the floor but if he had some on his hands and it was transfered to the keyboard then from the keyboard to my scabs I was picking?
NO, the situation you describe would not put you at risk for hepatitis B.

Time for this thread to end.  Take care. EWH
Thank you Doc