STDs Community
Does Augmentin cure Gonorrhea?

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

Does Augmentin cure Gonorrhea?

Does Augmentin 2g a day for one week cure Gonorrhea? I've been taking Augmentin almost for a week now. I heard Cefexime 4g is the usual choice. how long does it take for Gonorrhea to affect the joint? I have been having joint pains for almost 2 weeks. Also does Gonorrhea cause hives? my first symptom was Hives 2 days after unprotected sexual contact. and until today (1 month from the date of sexual contact) the redness still did not resolve completely. I share a bed with my sister and she got sick as well a week ago. started coughing and a fever. dont know if this is related to Gonorrhea?

Thanks.
Did you actually test for gonorrhea or did you self diagnosis and self medicate?
Avatar n tn

Actually i went to a doctor and got a test for all stds. but the result came out negative and the doctor can't explain why the Hives occured and did not go away completely plus the joint pains. the only thing that appeared was a Haemophilus parafluenza from a genital swab. so he administered a series of drugs. started with 1g zithromax, then 200mg of doxycycline per day for a week and also flagyl 600mg per day for a week. After that i went back and there was no sign of getting better, so he administered 2g of Augmentin a day for one week. It would be my one week on Augmentin tomorrow, but the joint pain still persist and the redness from the hives still did not resolve completely.
Your tests prove that you don't have a STD. The Haemophilus is easliy treated with medication and from what you have taken it is taken care of,

Hives and joint pain have no relation to a STD.
Hi, i had sex wit my bf and two days later he starts to comlain of pains in his penis,could it be gonorrhea? And abt a month ago i bleed for about two weeks and the bleeding later stopped,what could be the cause?