STDs Community
Don't know whats going on

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Don't know whats going on

I had protected sex with a one night stand....back in October of 2007. 2-maybe 3 weeks later i had a large bump in my pubic area.  I didnt think anything of it...cause it didnt burn when i peed and it was an isolated singular bump, Figured it was a hair bump from friction. Well 3-4 months go by and im feeling fine..... then i meet my present girlfriend and for the first month all we did was kiss....but all of a sudden i started developing these openings on the side of my mouth, especially when i ate something spicy....and sometimes with just regular meals......

Anyhow i didnt think anything of it.... BUT THEN.....i had an incident of FOLLICULITUS (folliculitis), flair up to the point that one side of my face was very swollen after shaving....I did the emergency room thing, they put me on cephalexin and dicloxacillin for about a month......EVERYTHING CLEARED UP, WITH WARM Compreseses in about a month time......Following the end of the prescription (End of March) i start to feel tingling in my fingers and toes and a little arthritis

.......SO EVENTUALLY Me and my Present girlfriend have unprotected sex (April 2008). WHen i performed oral sex on her my beard felt exteremly inflamed and irritated.... and about 4-5 days afterwards i feel my groin lymph nodes activated. Eventually.....i see bumps similar to the folliculitus (folliculitis) now in my groin area,,,, in/on the pubic part of my Shaft and one or 2 on my scrotum (attached to a hair).......within 2 weeks of this.... i start to feel an excrutiating pain in the back part of my scrotum......and a pulling sensation on my testicles like someone was giving me a Weggie (MaY 2008)....NOW i am worried like hell......SO i go and get all the test done at an emergency room (Gonorreha, chlamidiya, HPV, and then HIV) ALL R NEgative.....I eventually (June 2008) go to a urologist who tells me i have Chronic Prostatitis TYPE II and III...............He prescribed me Levaquin and Flomax but i had a bad reaction to Levaquin after just 5-7 days on it (Rash on one shoulder and weak knees).....After coming off the Levaquin my Prostate seemed to be more sensative
and more inflamed. I experienced pain in my underarm Lympnodes and an increase in stomach gas...I also have seen the folliculitus (folliculitis) come back in the same exact areas i first observed them....following uprotected sex with my girlfriend......

*EVENTUALLY I LEARN FROM MY GIRLFRIEND THAT SHE HAS A CYST in HER VAGINA
*CAN THIS BE LINKED TO MY PROBLEMS?
*SHE TOOK all the test i did and they came back negative

*Should i be concerned about HIV....I TOOK THE RAPID FINGER TEST @ Planned Parenthood and was negative
*Why is my stomach so gassy?
*Can folliculitus (folliculitis) travel and inflame the prostate?
A LITLE MORE INFO....i was also taking Zyrtec for seasonal allergies....moreover by JUne... I STARTED TO FEEL A BIT OF JOCK ITCH..... THIS HAS SINCE CLEARED WITH A CREAm my urologist gave me.......

SHOULD JOCK ITCH ACCOMPANY PROSTATITIS?
Well, if your prostatitis is being caused by a bacteria, it could be possible that whatever is causing the folliculitis could have infected the prostate, but I'm not quite sure about that.

Lots of things cause cysts for women, and its possible that the bacteria that you have caused her cyst as well.

Have either of you had a herpes test done?  Its not sounding much like it, but you should get it done to rule it out.  Ask your doctor for a type specific IgG herpes blood test.

This really belongs in the urology forum, and you should follow up with your doctor if you are still getting symptoms.  

Aj
No, jock itch would be a separate thing, and its not surprising after the antibiotics.

Aj

She had the cyst,,, before her and i ever met...... I will definatley get a herpes test done......should i have any concerns about my HIV test....im just concerned b/c my lymphs didnt start to hurt or enlarge until after her and i had unprotected sex
Didn't she test HIV negative?  If she did, you have nothing to worry about.

If she didn't have the cyst when you were together, then it has nothing to do with your symptoms.

Aj
yes she was negative.....would my lymphs be activated by prostatitis or jock itch... or my gassy stomach?
she said ths cyst was there before but did not cause her any discomfort....i posted on the urology forum,,,, they said the folliculitus (folliculitis) could have entered my bloodstream during unprotected sex....I hope this is the answer and i hope its treatable.....i just want the pain in my lymphs to stop...then i will feel 100% about the HIV thing
You are already 100% about the HIV thing if you both are negative.  You really can relax about that.

Any time you have an infection, you can get swollen glands.

I don't know about the bacteria for folliculitis entering your bloodstream during unprotected sex, but you could have gotten the bacteria on your skin at that time, if she had it too.

So far, it sounds like YOU are the one with the infection, not her.  I'm doubting seriously that it has anything at all to do with sex.

Aj