STDs Community
Dormant, Undetected, Unknown, Ping-Ponged Gonorrhea

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

1.  For either Chlamydia or Gonorrhea, is it possible for a married couple to unknowingly have the STD throughout their entire marriage of 12+ years, and to ping-pong the STD back and forth in an unending cycle?

2.  I am curious if what I read at http;//www.std-gov.org/stds/gonorrhea.htm, has any basis of truth.  It states that:
a)  2/3 of women and 1/2 of men who have Chlamydia have no symptoms at all; others have symptoms so mild they aren't noticeable.
b)  1/2 of women & 1/10 of men who have Gonorrhea have no symptoms at all.

Thank you very much for whatever information you would be able to provide.

This discussion is related to Can Gonorrhea be dormant or undetected for over 4 years?.
if you have been with your wife for 12 years, you would not have it lay dormant in you. Other complications would occur if one of you had it without it being treated, like PID.
Thank you for you reply.  The wife has had no children by preference and the husband had a vasectomy before marriage.  Based upon the percentages that I read, isn't it possible that neither partner ever felt an symptoms?  And, they just ping-ponged the bacteria between themselves?
Have an STDs question?
100,000+ doctor answers