STDs Community
Doxycycline

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Doxycycline

Can someone tell me what STDs can be treated with Doxycycline? Can you list all of them please? Thank you.
Why do you want to know?
I was on it for a while because of acne but I wanted to know what STDs it could be used for because I have some discharge. And tomorrow I am done with it so I wanted to know what it could have cleared if I indeed did have anything.
Doxy can be used to treat chlymida and gonorrhea. No guarantee that is would clear it though. If symptoms keep up see a Dr.
would it treat syphillis (syphilis)?
Doxy only cures chlamydia if I am correct.  I got treated for both chlamydia and gonorrhea just in case when I thought I wasn't cured and it was two different medications.

Your discharge may be from a yeast infection due to the doxy you were taking for acne.  What Vance didn't say was that we do not advise on self medicating so, if that is why you are asking, it is strictly unadvised.

Even though you were taking doxy, it doesn't mean you were taking the correct dosage to cure chlamydia if you had it.
thank you very much for your detailed response.
Your welcome.