STDs Community
Dull pain in base of the penis, stings on penis head

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

I've had very stressful past 6 months trying to figure out what is wrong. Here is the timeline of what actually happened:

0 weeks - had protected/unprotected(dont remember if I had intercourse while unprotected but definitely while protected) sex with a stranger
0-3 weeks - itch in inner thigh close to testicles
3 weeks - developed red itchy rash in both inner thighs. Also started getting some affects on the penis head. Tingling, pinching, wavy feeling on the penis. Urethra felt inflamed too. No sores on the penis. I got tested after 3 weeks thinking it was herpes but it turns out I had Jock Itch. I also got blood and urine tested for Gon, Siphilis, Clymadia.
4 weeks - went to the clinic to pick up my results. Jock itch was much better after applying clotromazole for a week but the symptoms on the penis were the same. Inflamed feeling in the penis, pinching pain etc. All the tests came back negative but looking at my penis symptoms doc gave me clymadia medications and also did a swab test of my urethra.
6 weeks - after taking medication it seemed like symptoms lessened but they didnt go away completely. It could've just been the time from original symptoms so they wore off. Swab test for clymadia was negative as well.
7 weeks - got tested for HIV (Oral rapid test) and that came back negative. Although they said it takes as much as 12 weeks for antibodies to develop in the mouth.

So as the time went on, the annoying pain in my groins and penis started going away. But they would come back often. So there were episodes of these pinching, tingling on my penis head. Inflammed urethra and dull pain at the base of my penis on the right side which was felt all around once in a while. I asked my regular physician and he said it'll go away if I dont think about it. Which I though was not a proper response. So, I waited to see if it got any more serious but it didnt... It just kept on giving me annoying dull pain at the right side of the penis base and some stinging on the penis head. This was very constant for 5 months.

Then, one day I started getting some aches on the back of my head(mostly two sides). Now, this became constant too. It was hard to pinpoint where exactly but they were mild aches and they would come and go for short period of time. I also started noticing some pain in my ears and upper jaws. Now I had to see another doctor so today I went and saw another doctor whos going to do some blood and urine tests and he also took some fluid from the tip of my penis.

In his exam, he said I had enlarged lymph nodes on my neck. Which kind of makes sense because my nech is a bit stiff and the pain in the ears are near the lymph nodes. But this worries me now because, this means I still have a possibility of HIV. Do these symptoms indicate I might have HIV? He also said I have some discharge from my penis which I'm still unable to see so it might be very little(and normal?).

He feels that I am infected with something when I had sex. He said it could be something else other than STD since I got tested before. Now, I dont understand what else could be transmitted to my penis other than STD? One thing you must know is that I had a serious jock itch when my penis problem started. So, is it possible that it could be a fungal infection? Its been 6 months since jock itch. I'm just trying to get an idea of what this could be because I dont want this to go undiagnosed anymore. Please tell me if I should be worried about HIV, STD or anything else?

My current symptoms: stinging on penis head, inflamed urethra, constant annoying dull pain at the base of the penis(hard to point exactly where), persistent aches on back of my head, ear pain, upper jaw pain, enlarged lymph nodes on neck.

Thanks for your help!
hey there,

Your symptoms sound complicated and those doctor you saw couldn't figure out that it is.  It's a little strange to me that your doctor said it's not an STD.  i got an itching and red penis and doctors don't know what it is, they kept quessing it.  Thanks god it's much better now.  
You got to be careful when engaging in sex with women, i learned mine after this.
Sorry that i'm not able to give any tips on your problem, i'm not very knowledgable about it.  

good luck to you.....
any progress on this?
Hi there

Can you please be so kind to give an update on the above.

I also get jock itch and then this dull groin feeling.

Is this normal?

Much appreciated
Hi there

Is this normal?

Much appreciated