STDs Expert Forum
Eczema or STD?
About This Forum:

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Eczema or STD?

Doc,
-23 y/o male with Seborrhea. Used Nizoral for 6+ months w/little improvement. Parents have Psoriasis & Seborrhea. Nizoral not effective. Using Triamcinolone Acetonide Cream USP, 0.1%.  
-1 month ago, had contact with a female. Performed oral sex on her. My shaft & scrotum touched her labia & clitoris as I laid on top of her, but no intercourse. No visible symptoms of an STD. She claimed to be clean & never had blisters, burning, etc. She did admit yeast infections in the past.  
-Day 15-Developed a reddened, slightly itchy scrotum and a small rash in the crevice between my genitals & upper thigh(sweating? work out 3 times/week). Also developed a pink line ~1/4" wide in my natal cleft, with some slight tenderness around the anus w/no sign of blisters/etc. As a student, I spend a lot of time in the anatomy lab & get really itchy in there. May have scratched my scrotum, exposing my skin to the chemicals. Could this cause any irritation since my genitals/gluteal region are at the table level & the chemicals irritate me? It's pretty cold here. Tends to dry out all my skin & I don't drink as much water as I should.
-Thought it might be a non-typical case of HSV-2. 22 days post-contact- Had blood work for HIV, HSV(assuming IgG/IgM workup. Asked for numbers & I received "not detected"), Syphilis, Gonorrhea and Chlamyida. All negative. (PMH)Tested for HSV1&2 type specific 2 years ago & both negative. The redness of my scrotum dissipated on day 26, but the anal region redness persists. The itching subsided earlier. Any suggestions or any idea what I could rule out? Thanks.