Enterococcus transmition?
I've been recently diagnosed with enterococcus and it caused urinary tract infection. Now, my question is - could enterococcus be transmitted on other persons through kissing (via saliva etc.)? Is it present in the mouth? And in what ways enterococcus is transmitted anyway? What kind of complications could it cause?
From what I found on Google it is not a STD. Try to goole it for more info.
Yes, I know it's not a STD, yet it causes similar effects. I've tried google-ing but there's not much (or I should better say hardly any) info. Anyway, thanks for the concern :)
I found a decent amount of info on Google. Other then that all I can say is talk to your Dr.
enterococcus is very threating bacteria. i wish u should start taking antibiotic. the best antibiotic for this bacteria is Linezolid (Zyvox). ask ur doctor
also it is highly contagious. so avoid open physical contact with others unless u get treated  .
linzolis is extreamly expensive..$2000.00+ for only 20 tablets..i took for 8 days in had to be admitted to the emergency room.. the enterococcus showed no growth for 1 week and was back to infection levels 3 weeks later after taking 10 days of ampicillian also..i was infected by a stupid dr. named ******  in los angels..1 and 1/2 years later after amoxicillian for 8 months i still have burning after ejaculation..before dr.idiots scope exam. i had no problems ever..i have very low kidney function..the drugs helped but i still have symptoms..im also taking herbs to try to stop this problem now for 8 months and no sugar diet..its horrible..if anyone has had success please email me steven at ***@****  its completely ruined my life.
dear steve...
i took linezolid for 1 month, 2 tablets per day. this is the last antibiotic which dr. uses. also the course should not be of few days because it requires long term intake of these tablets to totally remove this bacteria.
also one negative thing is that this antibiotic will work for life time... but if some how you get infected with any new unknown bacteria (which is very very rare after taking this antibiotic)  then no other antibiotic will work.
ask you dr.
in india this tablet costs only $4 per tablet.
i am now working fine from last 2 years after having this tablet
one more thing
very long intake of this tablet will damage your liver. so before taking consult with doctor
don't take it by your own....consult with doctor.
you know i got anemia and my liver became weak after 1 month of course.
so after this tablet course i treated my anemia and it took me 1 -2 week to get fully recovered